Chapter 1

Hey everyone this is a fan-fic of My Candy Love (with a twist) anyway I hope you guys like it comment,vote ect, ect.  A picture of Nicole has been added for you guys! Love you guys xoxo Phoenix Maars.............

Nicole's POV

We were trapped inside Leigh's clothing store (or what used to be Leigh's clothing store); who would of thought that a simple errand run for some supplies would leave us confined in this deserted building. The tension was high as everyone felt like caged animals, thanks to some moron who decided to fire a gun! A gun! They should have known by now that sound attracts those things. I decide that dwelling on the fact that we were surrounded by the dead -or should I say the living dead- was going to get me and my group no where, I innately started scouting the old clothes shop for a way out.  As I walked around the nostalgia came hitting me like a freight train, I remembered coming here way before the out-break started, back when everything was normal, back when my worst worries were on how I could reveal Deborah as a fraud. None of that mattered now the only things that matter to me now is staying alive and finding my sister. The last time I saw my sister was two days before the world as I knew it crumbled. She was visiting from college, I remember how we bonded over lunch and shopping, her smile lit up the room, her blonde hair flowing in the wind carelessly, the smell of her mango body-spray still lingers the edge of my nose. These are the things you take for granted, the simplest things that enter and leave your mind in a millisecond turn into everything you have to live for, they turn into memories you violently hold on to; the thought of my sister made my stomach churn in wicked ways, my eyes swelled up with tears threatening to fall like rain but I kept my cool, I wouldn't dare cry in front of my group. Especially not now when everybody seemed to be losing their sanity, except for Lysander of course, you would think the beginning of the end would have done something on his mentality, but I won't complain it's nice to have somebody level headed around for situations like this where it seems everyone should be locked up in the Looney bin.

I made my way through the back of the building luckily for us it was gated and the "boogies" -as we so affectionately call them- were left to barricade the front of the building. I was more angry than I was startled when I heard more gunshots; I climbed my way up the side ladder unto the roof to see where the shots were coming from. I stood on the one-story roof looking at my surroundings intently, BAM! another gunshot my head automatically turned in its direction, I could see from a block away a man frantically trying to get away from a swarm of boogies, I assume the ammo on the gun had run out because I saw him hysterically using the gun handle and a buck knife as a weapon now, he started to run towards the clothes shop and the hero inside me stepped into action. I almost flew my way down the building hurriedly trying to help this poor man running for his life. I was alarmed to see boogies had made their way toward the gate, I quickly counted seven as I reached my arm back to my prized possession; my katana sword. From the inside of the gate I took each of the seven boogies out, just when the last one dropped to the ground the man almost ran pass me. "Hey! Moron! In here, hurry up dummy don't you see all the boogies tryin' to eat us!" I opened the gate and he ran inside. The poor guy collapsed to the ground as soon as we closed the gate up. I studied him as he lay on his back breathing heavily; his arms were covering his face so I couldn't get a good look, he held in his hands the gun and the bloody knife, he had on black pants, hunting boots, and a beige button-up shirt with the sleeves torn off.

"Are you alright dude?" I asked trying to break the silence.

"Just peachy thanks." He said getting up from the pavement.

"Is that anyway to talk to the person that just saved your life?"

"I'm sorry, um thank you.." he said extending out his hand.

"Nicole, names Nicole, you're welcome, um..?" I said placing my hand in his.

"Norman, my names Norman." He said giving me a weak smile. By his looks I could tell he was a lot older than me, maybe in his late thirties-early forties, he had shaggy dark brown hair and light blue eyes. He certainly wasn't my type, but I bet you dollars for doughnuts that the other girls at Sweet Amoris would've gone crazy over this dude. I was taken aback when I felt a hand on my shoulder; I quickly turned around and was met by a familiar set of heterochromia eyes.  [A/N: Heterochromia means different color]

"Will you ever so kindly point that saber away from my face." Said a clam voice.

"Lys I'm sorry it's a force of habit, you know?" I said putting away my katana sword.

"No need to apologize to me my dear friend, I understand the need to think instinctively." He said with his soothing voice. "I see you have made an acquaintance." He motioned his head to Norman, who was now sitting back on the ground.

"You mean dummy over here?" I scoffed motioning to the ground. "This is the idiot that was making all that racket, oh and did I mention he's the reason we're stuck in here like boogie bait."

Lysander tilted his head and raised an eye brow at Normans direction, he walked passed me ignoring everything I just said. "Pleased to make your acquaintance, I am Lysander; surely your name is not 'dummy'?" Norman gave Lysander a slight smirk before answering him.

"Well nice to meet you, here let me help you up Norman." Lysander said extending a hand down to Norman. "Thank you Lysander." Norman said taking Lys hand.

"We should go back inside before the others burn down the place." I said to Lysander.

"That sounds like a pleasant idea my dear."