Chapter 3

Cookie: Okay, chap 3!

Pic of the little girl is Aurora when she was 7 ^_^

Song is "Monster" by Skillet

-----

"Blood?" Aurora stared at Mikhail. "Blood?"

      Mikhail finally looked at her, looking so worn out and tired. The sorrow and regret in his eyes went straight through her. "He can heal with the help of fresh blood."

      Aurora's gaze landed on his wrist. She watched with awe as it healed right before her eyes, the only evidence that the wound had been there was the dried up blood. Blood...

      Her eyes met his. "What are you two?" She asked in a whisper, as if afraid to speak any louder.

      Mikhail gazed back solemnly at her. "We're monsters."

      Monsters? Aurora began to shake. Monsters? Deep down she has always known that they weren't normal...that her "brothers" may not be completely...human. It was a suspicion she had kept to herself all these years because she didn't want to bust it...that peaceful bubble that surrounded them. But now...now she knew the truth.

     Her beloved brothers weren't human.

     "Will you help me save him?" Mikhail asked her. "I know it is too much to ask...but there isn't any time. He's dying."

      Aurora stared at Gage's tormented face. He was sweating and breathing hard, eyes closed as if he was only having a nightmare. All her life they had always fought and argued. She had leaned to defend herself against his physical attacks by age twelve. It wasn't til later that she realized that he wasn't attacking her to be cruel but to teach her how to fight. How to defend herself against enemies.

     All this time...had he been teaching her to defend herself against them? Her own brothers?

     "Aurora?" Mikhail's soft voice drew her back to the present. "It's selfish to ask...but will you save him?"

      Save him? Save Gage...with her blood? She stared at her wrist. Pushing herself up to her feet, Aurora walked into the living room and grabbed the dagger displayed on the table. When she returned, she dropped before the two people she loved more than anything on earth.

      "Take it," she said, resolved. Without giving it much further though, she sliced her right wrist and flinched from the pain. Dropping the dagger, she shoved her wrist towards Mikhail. "Please...save him."

      Mikhail watched blood flow from her delicate wrist to the tan carpet. He could feel his own hunger but he controlled himself, grabbing her wrist. He gazed at her, his own torment for what he was about to do showing in his haunting eyes. "I'm sorry."

      Aurora gasped as he bit into her wrist. She could feel his teeth...fangs peirce her skin. At first it was painful...so painful...then it wasn't. Suddenly, she felt like she was floating, her body becoming lighter as her head began to swim. The pain was replaced with something more...pleasurable. It was as if she could feel Mikhail's love for her...warm and soothing.

     She welcomed the darkness that enveloped her.

~ ~ ~ ~

Aurora felt herself floating in never ending darkness, body stiff yet weightless. She felt like a feather...softly descending to an unknown location.

     Then she was there...

     7 year old Aurora heard voices downstairs. She opened her eyes and sat up, yawning and rubbing her eyes sleepily. One of the voices belonged to her doting brother, Mikhail, his voice soft yet still carried all the way up the stairs into her room because of the vents located all over the house. The vents, no matter how softly spoken, still carried voices and Aurora was definitely hearing voices.