Fraternizing with the Enemy

A/N- So I want to explain something before you read this. In my story, all the characters are in their fourth year, but as I was writing this I always imagine them older so I'm sorry if it feels like they're older than their supposed to be. I don't like to write about teenagers but with this story it has to start in the fourth year. I hardly think that nowadays 14 year olds fall in love but because of JK Rowling's year system, it's hard to systematically place everything and still make them be in school. Because 16 and 17 wouldn't make sense according to the series and by then Hogwarts is being annihilated. So you can imagine them older or 14 it's up to you but I'm just saying that I'm sorry that it sounds like the events are more advanced but I just can't write teenaged crap...with that said enjoy my take on Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire with my characters and quite a few twists and turns in the story :D Oh please comment and vote if you like it :D I'd highly appreciate it and it's always welcome to see how I'm doing and what I could do to improve. Not to mention if I need character names, I tend to take names from people who comment :D It's a lot easier than trying to come up with names :)

Ch.1- ...And So It Begins

"Harmony!" Hermione yelled from downstairs. "We're going to be late for the train if you don't get moving!"

"I'll be right down." Harmony retorted. Trying to pack everything with an annoying sister harping at her, did not make her pack any faster. Hogwarts, she sighed.After a grueling summer of doing absolutely nothing and listening to Hermione drone on and on about god knows what, she was finally going back to school. Of course, Hogwarts wasn't an ordinary school; it was a school that the children of Witches and Wizards, and the occasional Muggle-born, attended. It was a school of magic and Harmony couldn't wait to get back to her dormitory and back to her friends. It was the start of her fourth year at Hogwarts and she couldn't help but feel excited to start a new term. Shutting her trunk and hearing the click of the lock, Harmony called down to her father so that he could come, and move the colossal thing that held her personal belongings to the car.

Harmony finally wandered down stairs to the disapproving look of her sister. "It's about time."

Harmony just grinned at her, earning a scowl in replace of the disapproving look. "Next time pack in advance." was the clipped reply.

Harmony rolled her eyes, content on pissing her sister off, a great way to start the school year. "I'm sorry I have more of a social life than you, and that it requires more time and items to bring with me." Harmony responded, to which Hermione stormed off.

Their dad came downstairs, wiping his arm on his brow as he lugged Harmony's trunk down the stairs; why they had ever decided to live in a house with stairs was beyond him. He set the trunk down, panting. "Gosh Harm, what in the devil did you put in here?" Struggling with the trunk, he settled on dragging it to the car.

"Not much." She yelled, as she heard him chuckle from outside.

Her mom walked into the kitchen as her dad collapsed in a chair. "Is there anything left in your room, Harmony?" her mom laughed, handing her father a glass of water.

Laughing, she replied to her mother, "Just the bed and the nightstand, I think. I don't believe I missed anything else." Her parents laughed as Hermione came flying down the stairs, bag in hand, clearly ready to leave. Both of their parents were Muggles, meaning that they never had the chance to attend Hogwarts like their daughters. They had no idea what they were learning but they supported their education, even if it were a tad different than the normal students in London. Harmony couldn't fathom what it would be like if she couldn't do magic or to do spells like she was capable of, it was unimaginable, even after only three years of lessons; she wondered what she would have done without it, she couldn't even remember what she had done before she had attended Hogwarts.