Chapter 3 - Colchester

*Olly's P.O.V*

Escaping from the hotel and into Colchester hadn't been easy. The band had tried to convince me to stay, even told me that it was hopeless, I wouldn't find Evelyn no matter how hard I looked. I ignored them. As a last resort, they even called security but by that time I was off and away.

A few people on the train had given me funny looks but I wasn't surprised. A dishevelled, 'mentally challenged' pop star on a midnight train to a city for no apparent reason to them; that isn't something you see every day.

None of that mattered anymore. All I was focused on was Evelyn, Evelyn, Evelyn. I had to find her if it was the last thing I ever did.

-

After hours of looking, the sun peeked over the horizon sending streaks of orange, yellow and pink across the sky. It was dawn, and still no sign of my best friend. I knew I had to find somewhere to stay, but the little money I had with me was no where near enough to buy a hotel room for the night. Plus, I had to think about food, water and bus fares if I needed to get somewhere quickly. I sighed.

This was going to be a long day.

*Evelyn's P.O.V*

It was just another dark night, trawling the streets searching and asking people for money. Some people took it the wrong way and thought I was asking for, um, something different. Suprisingly no-one noticed me as the 'missing girl'. I had to hide the marks and scratches all over my body from belts being whipped, hands being slapped and even knifes being used. I just wanted to go home. I would have by now, if there wasn't a problem.

They were going to kill Olly if I ran away.

I had always had a crush on him for as long as I could remember, and the thought of never seeing him again made my stomach feel a thousand times heavier. I had never told him, but he was the one reason I smiled. I'd never been the most popular girl at school as I was quite hostile to people I didn't know well, where as Olly could of been friends with anyone with his happy-go-lucky personality and adorable smile.

-

I had just asked a man wearing a business suit if he could spare a pound, when I saw him. A figure sleeping down in the nearby alleyway, head drooping, with a long coat wrapped around his medium-build frame. I couldn't make out any of other his features, so I crept closer; hopefully he would have a spare few coins on him that I could 'borrow'.

I was a few metres away when his head snapped up and he glanced at me. Red circles lined underneath his eyes, like he hadn't slept in months. It made him look older than I guessed he was.

A look of surprise and confusion washed over his face.

"Evelyn?" he asked.

Oh no. No, no, no. This was bad.

This man recognised me, which means he could tell the police where I am.

Which means the police would find me.

And Olly would die.

*Olly's P.O.V*

I'm sure it was Evelyn.

It must of been. Why would she of run away like that if it wasn't? But why was she running away from me?

I saw her turn the corner and sprint away, so I decided to follow her. I picked up the little belongings I had and my rucksack, and ran off after her.

I could tell the girl I thought to be Evelyn was panicking as she was running faster than I had ever seen her run before from the adrenalin. Even so, I managed to catch her, since before spiralling into depression, I had done alot of workouts for preparation for the tour.

I firmly grabbed her shoulder and forced her to slow down. She tried to wriggle out of my grasp, but I clung onto her arms and didn't let go.

Blinding heat flashed down my jaw and into my neck as her fist connected with my face. My grip loosened and I came to a sudden holt as I heard a gasp.

"Olly?"

I looked up to see her eyes swimming with tears.

"Oh Olly, i'm so sorry, I had no idea it was you! But what are you even doing here?"

I grabbed her again, but more gently this time, and pulled her into a hug.

"I came to find you, babe. Shh, it's ok," I comforted as tears rolled down her cheeks.

"No, you have to get out of here! If they see me with you-" she gulped. "Bad things will happen."

"I'm not leaving. I didn't spend all this effort trying to find you to instantly loose you again. We are sticking together."

"Olly they will kill you!"

It hit me then. Evelyn hadn't ran away from her captors because of me. She was protecting me. It WAS all my fault. Even in the dark, I could make out the dark bruises on her face from what looked like knuckle marks.

"Have they been hurting you?!" I almost screeched. "I'm going to find them and fu-" I was cut off by Evelyn shushing me.

"Ok Olly, it's obvious you aren't going to leave me. But if you want to stay with me, we are going to have to run away and never, ever come back. I can't and I won't let you die. You understand?"

I nodded.

"I hope you realise what you are doing. You are extraordinary, Olly. I'm so lucky to have you. But we have to go. Now."

She grabbed my hand and started pulling me away.

"Evelyn?" I said quietly.

"Yes?" she replied, still dragging me along.

I took a step in front of her so she couldn't proceed and pushed her gently against the brick wall. I pushed my lips into hers and placed my hands on her hips.

"I love you."