Leaving

(Jacob's POV)

A few weeks have passed and I have become really great friends with Chris, we would always have a lot of fun when we were together. Until a Friday during lunch a worker came up to me, grabbed me, and started to drag me away. "Where are you taking me!" I screamed.
"Someone is interested in adopting you. I'm taking you to meet him right now." The worker said.

(A few weeks earlier)
(Max's POV)

I've been doing some research about adopting a kid, I haven't been getting any luck because I'm not looking for a baby. Baby Mason is the only kid I would want to deal with and Mason isn't even my kid, he is Adam's.
Ross knows that I'm looking for a kid to adopt and has been trying to help me in every way he can, until he called me over to him and said, "hey Max what about him?" Ross was pointing at the screen to a kid that was 17 years old. I looked at the kids description and read his name out loud, "Jacob... He might be the one," I also asked Ross, "where is he?"
"Umm it looks like he is in California." Ross replied.
"Ross," I told him, "tell Adam I won't be at work the next few days, I'm going to California."

(Timeskip to arriving at the orphanage where Jacob is at)
(Still Max's POV)

I looked at the outside of the orphanage and my heart started to race, but I had no idea why because I never act this way.
I went inside and told the receptionist that I was here to adopt.
"Who are you here to adopt sir?" The receptionist said.
"Jacob" I replied and as soon as I said that, her face lit up in an instant and she exclaimed, "why yes! right this way sir!"
I had no idea why she acted that way she did but she lead me to a room with a table and two chairs, it almost looked like a confession room.

(Jacob's POV)

I struggled to get free of the workers grasp because I didn't want to leave Chris. The worker eventually got me to a door and normally this would be the moment when they would slap me but the worker didn't slap me this time. He dragged me into the room where I saw a man sitting at the table he looked fairly young and he was a ginger.
The worker left the room but stood guard outside the door. The room was quiet for a minute or two until the man said to me "how are you doing Jacob?"
"F-fine" I replied thinking that his voice sounded a little familiar.
"Ok, well my name is Max, I was hoping to adopt you today." Max said.
I looked at him with disbelief and said, "look, every time a couple or a single person say that they plan on adopting me they end up leaving and never coming back, and I'm going to guess that you will do the same."
Max reassured me by saying, "well I'm not like the others and I am really interested in adopting you."
I soon began to get a little excited at him saying that but then got depressed because I knew that if Max adopted me I would have to leave Chris here all alone.
"Alright I think I've made my choice I'm going to adopt Jacob." Max said to the worker
I began to freak out excitedly because I never imagined that I would leave this place.

(Timeskip to leaving the orphanage)
(Max's POV)

Jacob seemed excited to leave the orphanage and when we got in the taxi he asked me, "where are we going?"
"The airport." I replied
"Why the airport? You don't live here in California?" Jacob asked
"No I live in Washington, our flight leaves tonight." I replied.

*Hey once again I want to say to please vote and comment your thoughts about the story and if you are excited for more. I would love to hear your input and your support is extremely appreciated. Till next time, Buh-Bye!