Chapter 12

Since I didn't feel like speaking to my parents, and since it was only 8:30, I decided to spent the rest of my night listening to slow indie music until I eventually passed out from exhaustion. I couldn't stop thinking about Harry though, the way he go from sweet to mysterious to even cheesy kept throwing me off.

The next morning I woke up and got ready for school, my outfit consisting of a light pink top and white jeans. One I finished brushing my teeth I realized I had one notification; a missed call from Harry.

I decided it wasn't worth my time. calling back, since I would be seeing him within the next two hours at school. I made my way downstairs and made sure to stay out of my fathers way, mumbling a light, "good morning" to my mom who was drinking her coffee and reading a magazine at the kitchen table. She gave me a small nod and a "good morning" in return before returning her attention to next season's home furnishing designs.

I grabbed a bowl and a spoon for my favorite cereal. I literally munched it down in seconds, leaving me plenty of time to get to school.

I shouted a loud "goodbye" as I headed out the door and started my walk to school. The sky was cloudy, making the entire mood dim. The air was cold, causing a chill to run down my spine. I should've grabbed a jacket, or at least a light sweatshirt would've been nice.

One I made it past the school doors I immediately spotted Layla and Anna in their usual spot, texting away on their phones, words spewing out of their mouths which I couldn't hear. As I made my way over to them they both looked up at me and gave me small smiles,

Layla spoke up first, "Hey Harley."

"Hey." I smiled back, taking the empty spot on the bench next to Anna.

"So do you want to go to the mall tonight if we don't have that much homework? I doubt we will since it's only the second day." Anna asked, her eyes were almost pleading as she looked at me.

"Yeah sure, if my parents let me go." I mumbled. I did my best to fake a smile but I knew they both wouldn't buy it.

Layla raised an eyebrow,

"Why wouldn't they? They love us." She asked.

I let out a sigh, "Well-"

"Oh god what happened last night?" Anna groaned.

"A lot." I mumbled, looking back down at my swaying shoes.

Anna shook her head,

"I told you that you should've waited."

"I don't know, I don't think it would've made much of a difference." I shrugged.

"Do they know he's your soulmate?" Layla asked.

"Yeah." I mumbled.

"Woah, how'd your dad take that?" Layla joked, although I didn't laugh.

Instead I shook my head,

"Not well at all."

"What did Harry do?" Anna asked with wide eyes.

"Honestly? Not much. But my dad kicked him out." I shrugged.

"He didn't." Layla gaped.

"Oh he did." I huffed.

"Is that all?" Anna asked.

I thought about telling them the rest and finally decided that I should, I mean it wouldn't hurt,

"No. Well not quite. He climbed up onto the roof and came in trough my window."

"Okay that's hot." Layla gaped.

Anna just squinted her eyes at me,

"You guys didn't-"

"No, no." I stuttered.

"Speaking of the bad boy, he's coming over here." Layla muttered, picking at her fingernails in an attempt to act like she didn't just see him.

I shot my head up to see Harry with a straight face.

"Hey." I smiled, crossing one leg over the other.

"Hey. Why didn't you answer my call?" He asked, getting right smack down to the point.

"Um, I was getting ready." I answered.

Harry nodded in understanding before he spoke,

"Oh, well I was going to ask you if you wanted a ride to school, it looked as if it was about to storm out there.

"Oh. Thanks." Was all I said back.

"How about you walk around the school with me? Before class starts?" He asked, his eyes lighting up.

"Um," I turned my attention to Layla and Anna who both gave me small smiles.

I stood up and took Harry's hand,

"Sure."

I could tell he was surprised by my action because it took him a few seconds to register what was actually going on before he squeezed my hand in acknowledgement.

Harry was the one to speak up first,

"How's your dad?" He asked, sarcasm laced in his tone.

"I wouldn't know," I laughed.

"I've been ignoring him."

"Why? It's not his fault. He just doesn't want to see you get hurt."

I shook my head,

"It is his fault. He shouldn't of kicked you out, that's absolutely horrible."

Harry's eyes darted to his shoes,

"Well if a man sees a guy like me with his daughter I would kind of expect him to react the same way, if not worse. So what he did was honestly no where near horrible."

"Just because you have tattoos and piercings doesn't mean you should be treated like some low life." I spit.

"But I am, Harley." Harry shot back.

"Maybe you were. I don't think you are anymore." I murmured.

Harry took a deep breath in through his nose,

"Can we not talk about this, it's too early."

"Fine," I sighed,

"What do you want to talk about then?"

Harry smirked,

"You."

"What about me?" I laughed.

"What are you doing tonight? I was thinking I could take you out, no parents perhaps?" He grinned.

I bit on the inside of my cheek,

"I kind of promised Layla and Anna I'd go to the mall with them after school, sorry."

Harry took his lip ring in between his teeth,

"No, no, it's fine. I understand."

"Tomorrow then?" He asked.

"Yeah, sounds good." I smiled, looking back up at him.

Harry's eyes seemed to twinkle in the rather dull building lighting before he untangled our fingers", his hip bumping into mine as his arm wrapped around my waist,

"Your eyes are so beautiful." He commented.

"Thanks." I breathed, trying my best to act unaffected as Harry's eyes continued to literally bore into mine.

"They're a deep blue, quite like the ocean." He smiled.

"Well, your eyes are dark green, quite like grass." I joked, leaning my head on his shoulder as we continued to walk.

"Grass? Gee thanks." Harry chuckled, his deep laugh vibrating off of his chest.

Right when I lifted my head up off of his shoulder the bell rang. Since I had Heath instead of P.E. today, and me and Harry were put into separate classes, we had to head in two different directions.

"See you at lunch." Harry called after me.

"Yeah." I nodded, turning around just in time to catch him still facing me. He didn't turn around, of course, before sending me a wink.

But right afterwards, though, he did something I never would of expected him to do in a million years. He sent me an air kiss. It immediately made my cheeks flame up so I had to look away, the smile on my face probably making me look like a complete lunatic.

Once I reached my class I could tell my cheeks were back to their normal color and the smile on my lips was mow the causal straight line a teenager usually has while they're stuck in school.

I took a seat two rows from the back, the classroom still practically empty since everyone was still too busy talking in the hallway.

After a few seconds students began to finally flood in, an unfamiliar boy taking the seat next to me. He had floppy dirty blonde hair and thick rimmed glasses. I couldn't tell if they were fake or just for show. The teacher took roll quickly and I quickly came to learn the boys name was Benjamin;
short for Ben I suppose. Or at least that's what the boy on the far side of him kept on calling him. I turned my attention to the fresh notebook sitting on the desk in front of me, but the entire time I could almost feel Ben's eyes burning into the side of my face. I finally built up the stamina and cocked my head to the side,

"Is there something wrong?" I asked, fiddling with the pencil that rested between my thumb and forefinger impatiently.

"Uh, no." He stuttered, quickly fixing his eyes on the teacher who stood before us, who's full attention was set on sorting through an enormous pile of papers.

After what felt like ages, but was most likely only ten minutes, the teacher started on the lesson, but first introduced themselves to the class. After he finished speaking he assigned us a small essay; talking about our school year goals and expectations. Immediately I went to work, opening to the first fresh page in my notebook and scribbling down anything that randomly came to mind. That was, until I heard someone clear their throat next to me.

I raised my head up, along with an eyebrow, and met a curious Ben staring back at me.

"Yes?" I asked, this time a bit annoyed.

A smile found its way on to his lips, his eyes trained down to around my neck,

"I'm guessing you've already met Harry, huh?" He asked.

"Yeah." I mumbled, instinctively crossing my arms over my chest.

"He can be a real prick at first, but he's a pretty nice guy once you get to meet him." He assured me. I couldn't help but smile,

"Oh, believe me, I know."

"Is he doing alright? Haven't seen him around in quite a while." He asked, knitting his eyebrows together. His elbows remained rested on top of the desk, his head propped up by his hands.

"He's good," I nodded. I let my ginormous curiosity get the best of me,

"So how do you know Harry?" I asked.

"We used to be pretty close back in junior high, almost every afternoon after school we'd shoot hoops down at the courts for fun, and sometimes just talk." He explained, his eyes trailing away from mine as if he was reminiscing in the past. I almost felt bad for breaking his concentration,

"What happened?" I asked.

"Just life I guess. One day me and Harry were hanging out like good old times and the next he was in a court house, sentenced to jail time." He muttered, his words ironically soft yet harsh at the same time.

"Do you think he's still like that?" I asked, my voice probably resembling a tiny mouse.

"No, no, I think he's done with all the crime and just his bad ways all together. I think he's really trying to change." He answered, his voice much stronger than before.

"What makes you say that?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

Ben licked his lips before looking me straight in the eyes,

"Because he finally found someone to help him become a better person, someone I wish he would've had a very, very long time ago."

Before I count interject he continued,

"Harley, you're going to help Harry in more ways then you'll ever know."

{Please vote & comment :)

I was wondering, who do you guys picture Harley has?

I don't like telling people how to picture a character because it's just no fun to me, but I'm really curious :)

Thank you for all of the incredibly sweet comments on my last couple chapters ily xo}