Chapter 6

Adrien's POV

Later that night, I meet Ladybug by the Eiffel Tower. "What's wrong?" She asked. "It's just..." I start. "Yeah?" "Well, when I came back, I thought that I'd be able to get back to the life I left behind. Being Cat Noir and possibly winning over an old classmate." She nods. "Being Cat Noir is easy, but then again, I left you to do the work alone for 10 years and my old classmate is engaged to another classmate. I'm happy for her and her fiancé, but I thought that she cared about me." Ladybug pats my back. "And you're engaged too, it's like there's no one for me to love."

Marinette's POV

I pat Cat Noir's back. He just wants someone who loves him. My earrings beep. "I gotta go." I whispered, hating to break the moment. "Paris seems calm tonight. I'll leave you to explore it." Cat Noir nods. I jump down and let Tikki release the transformation. I walk into the apartment. Nath is asleep on the couch, a bit of drool coming out of his mouth. The painting by the window is almost finished. The answering machine beeps, demanding my attention. "Of course it's Alya." I moan, slipping into my bed.

When I wake up the next morning, the alarm clock is next to my ear and going crazy. "Ahhh!" I yell. Nathanaël bites his lip by his easel and is trying not to laugh. "Nathan," I moan. "I'm sorry." He laughs. "I was tempted to, and I couldn't help myself. Alya's been going crazy trying to reach you." I nodded and yawned. I reach for the phone and call Alya. Who picks up before the first ring. "Marinette!" She yells. "What?" I moan in reply. "Why do you sound like you just woke up?" "Cause I just did. Nath thought it would be funny to place my alarm clock directly next to my ear." Alya laughs while Nathanaël blushes when he hears his name. "Anyway, I have some news..." "What?" I ask. "Really good news..." "Alya, you aren't pregnant again are you?" I asked her, listening to the happy noises that her 5 year old son, Adrien, was making and Nino trying to catch him, begging his son to slow down. "No! Well, I'm not sure, but, he proposed!" I squeal. Nathanaël glances over at me, his red eyebrows raised. "Anyway, I gotta go to work. Talk to you later?" "Sure, you know where to find me." "Yeah. That reminds me, there's a class reunion on Saturday and I wanted to see if you two lovebirds can go." "I'll ask." I reply. "Bye Alya." "Bye Marinette." I hang up. "What was that about?" Nath asks, wrapping his arms around me, flakes of paint in his fiery red hair. "Nino proposed to Alya." I reply, turning to face him. "And said that there's a class reunion on Saturday, if we want to go." Nath considers it for a moment. " I could take a break from work and it would be nice to see all of our friends again." "So that's a yes?" "What do you think?" Nathanaël asks.