Chapter 5 ◇ Someone new

•August. 3 years later•

I woke up to an empty bed as always. I missed Paris more than you could imagine. It's been 3 good years since I've seen my baby. I've been running through girls like running through a crowd.

Women practically throw themselves at me, and I really could get any girl I wanted. But there was only one woman I wanted. Paris.

Technically, we never got a divorce, so I guess we were taking a long break. Whatever you wanted to call it, I still felt like I had lost the love of my life forever. I've never had such strong feelings for anyone.

I sat down with my new crew. Everyone else I used to fuck with thought I had gone soft, and left. But now, I had found better people to work with. I should be bringing in more money than before with them around. I started running the "family business" again, if you know what I mean. Just hustling until I can get back on my feet.

I zoned out in the middle of our meeting, and thought about Paris' beautiful body on mine again. I felt like crying not being able to hold her in my arms.

"Aug, you thinking about Paris again?" The twins, Cherry and Cookie asked at the same time, rubbing my arms.

If there was thing I could say about these niggas, was that they understood me, and had families and loved ones of their own, so they knew exactly how I felt, and I didn't have to worry about them turning on meh.

"I know you miss her man, but you got to let it go. The past is the past. There's a possibility she might come back, but if not you have to let her go." My nigga, Jermih, added.

"You're right mane. I should move on." I said slowly. I still knew that I wasn't going to give up on Paris. As long as she was still wearing that ring, there still might be a chance.

I looked outside the window and across the street, at Paris' old house. She never came back, and one morning I woke up and a "For sale" sign was up. Suddenly, a black car pulled up and a skinny girl got out of the car with a sharp-looking woman getting out after her.

They talked for a few minutes, then the sharp woman stuck a "SOLD" sticker on top of the sign in the front yard.

I exhaled deeply.

"Meeting dismissed." I said stressfully. Everyone got up and left, leaving me alone.

I got up and went outside to get some fresh air. I looked back over at Paris' old house. Me and the skinny girl's eyes instantly met each other. I examined her face. She was actually really pretty. She blushed and looked back at the woman. The other lady got back in her car and pulled off.

I made my move and walked across the street in her direction.

"Did you just move in there?" I asked.

"Yeah..." She said smiling, only to reveal a mouth full of metal.

Damn!

"Wow! Your braces..." I said slowly.

"Haha, yeah. I've had them for about a year and a half now... It's almost time to get them out but not quite." She blushed.

"I'm August. I live across the street." I said shaking her hand.

"I'm Cayla." She rubbed her cute button nose.