Red Rescue 6

Chapter 6

"I think we should take her with us on a case. Maybe putting her through the motions will bring back memories?"

"I don't know Grace..."

The whole team was together aside from Lisbon. Who was dressed in her regular work outfit, sitting on her hospital bed waiting to be released. She was fidgety which was completely unnatural. Grace and the team were standing in the hallway just outside of her room. It was hard to discuss what they were going to do with her. She could go with the team again, or maybe she should stay with her family. Would it hurt to bring her along during a case? Would she forget them if she was with family? And the worst one yet: what if they never get her back? Rigsby speaks up.

"I think we should let her stay with family, have we even told them yet?"

"No we should keep this between us. I want her to stay with me."

"Jane just because you're a mentalist-"

"Exactly! I've worked with amnesia before! She went through a traumatic situation and has subconsciously blocked it out, I can bring her back. I can get her to remember us."

Rigsby shakes his head.

"No. She should start at the beginning. How can she remember us when she doesn't even remember her family?Maybe putting her through a case will be to much for her."

"She. Stays. With. Me."

Grace lets out a irritated sigh.

"You know what? She's safe either way so let's just pick one!"

There's a moment of shocked silence, Grace has never yelled at them before! Cho is the first one to break the silence.

"She's not safe. Red John has friends."

It doesn't take long for Jane to put the pieces together.

"They're probably upset with us capturing their master...killing Lisbon would be the perfect payback."

"If we leave her, he'll finish the job. She stays with us."

Cho deadpanned.

"Master huh? Isn't that a little excessive?"

They're all surprised to see Lisbon standing behind them, her arms crossed and her raised eyebrow.

"Wow Mr. Jane are you always this dramatic?"

They just stare at her for a moment and she blinks then looks down. She's pretty nervous.

"Well-I-just-heard-yelling-and-Mr.Jane-was-acting-pretty-dramatic-so-I-decided-to-check-it-out. But-if-you-dont-want-me-here-then-I'll-leave!"

She's looking everywhere but at them, she's very tense so Jane just laughs a little to get rid of the awkwardness.

"Yeah I guess I overdue it at times. Sorry if I worried you."

She visibly relaxes and Rigsby pitches in.

"Let's get you away from here."

She smiles at him.

"Thanks Cho."

A hurt expression crosses Rigsby's face and Cho stiffens.

"Lisbon...my name's Rigsby."

He points to Cho.

"He's Cho."

She turns bright red.

"Sorry."

Looks like today was going to be a long day.

••••••••

Lisbon's POV

The car ride to CBI was pretty long and awkward. Jane had insisted that I should be with him so he's currently sitting right next to me. Like, Right. Next. To. Me. Rigsby has been constantly talking to me which is really nice but I never know what to say. He always starts with 'remember that time when' or 'I'll never forget when'. He seems really nice, like Grace is. I can see why they're a couple. Cho is reading the Withering Heights or something like that, and Grace is just silently driving.

"You're very tense, try taking deep breaths."

It's coming from Jane who has been 'observing' me this entire car ride. I cross my legs and look away a little embarrassed that he's even acting this way. Why does it feel like I'm under a microscope? Can't he lay off a little?

"Do you always do this?"

"Do what?"

I can hear his surprise.

"Sit next to someone and stare at them the entire car ride."

Grace snorts and Jane actually shifts a little in his seat.

"I haven't been staring at you this entire time..."

"So what have you picked up?"

"Excuse me?"

"Well you Have been staring at me so what did you pick up?"

"...you have amnesia."

"Thank you captain obvious."

"I'm working on it!"

"I bet you are."

Rigsby turns to talk to me.

"So I was wondering, do you remember anything at all?"

"Um..."

"It could be anything really, even a sound or-"

"Blue eyes."

An overwhelming sense of sadness washes over me, just what happened? I turn to Jane.

"I think they're yours."

There was a long moment of silence.

"I'm sorry did I say something wrong?"

No response and we continue the drive in silence.

Turns out the CBI building was closer then I expected. It feels nice here but I really wish there was map, but for now I'll have to make do with blindly following my "team" if you can call them that. I still don't really believe what they're saying I'm really just going along with it. They lead me into the bullpen and tell me which desk is theirs and then I'm asked the famous question: do you remember anything? As if showing me desks would trigger anything, still, they are trying and if I really am their friend then this must be hard on them. I feel so worn down, it'd be nice to escape for a while. Jane has the right idea, just stay on his couch with a hot cup of tea...

"So do I have a desk?"

Cho answers this time.

"No. You have an office."

He looks up for a brief moment and points to an office right next to the bullpen, then he goes back to reading. An office? Perfect. Entering the office I find that it's surprisingly dark with the blinds closed, there's a desk with a small name plate with Teresa Lisbon on it in gold letters. It's all very neatly organized. Luckily I have a black couch in the corner of my office with a white blanket. I test it out a little to find it perfect and I nestle in the warm blanket and fall asleep on the couch.