INTRO.

There I was again - same high school, same class, same faces nothing new. The same old usual day. The ONLY interesting thing about school were my friends. I had very few, to be honest, but they would last me a lifetime.

"I can't believe you're late again!" said Abigail when she saw me rushings towards the staircase.

"Me? You literally live next door! Plus the bus broke down, most of us are late." I smiled looking back at my bus mates who were also struggling to climb the stairs. "What's your excuse?"

"Honestly Alice took time at breakfast, but I'll just tell Mrs. Brenda she fell on the way, so I was taking care of her, being the responsible sister I am of course." Abigail gave me an angel smile.

We made it to class right before Mrs. Brenda entered. Luckily Daisy had saved us seats. We sat down acting as cool as we could and just like that the day I was gonna meet HIM began.

Abigail, Daisy, and I have been friends for a few years now. The former two go way back to pre-school. I on the other hand joined in middle school. We are each so different from the other and to be honest, I still don't know how we ended up as a trio. You'll get to know more about them as you read and I'll let you be the judge of their personalities. But like I said I know this friendship will never end.

"Hey look!" Daisy said pointing at Kian, with an excited look on her face. This was soon followed by Abigail as they both started raising their brows at me continuously. I just shrugged them off but couldn't resist taking a sneak peek at him.

I did have many "guys friends" but I never looked at them in any different way and, I guess I never let them or anyone see me in any other way either. But with him it was different. I wanted him to notice me. Wanted him to see if I changed my hair style or painted my nails or changed my perfume. I wanted him to see me and only me.

I wasn't exactly someone who would ever fall in love. I was sensible enough to know the difference between love and crush. Since I was a little girl I kind of believed that there is no "one perfect match" out there. You'll meet many people and your future will depend on whos willing to put in the effort along with you. Not just someone who'll take care of you or support you, you can do that on your own. But someone who'll make your every moment happier and accept you for whoever you are.

Kian took over the first bench, as it was the only one left. A bunch of guys came up to him and did their cool-guy-high five-thing and began talking. As you might have guessed he was one of the popular guys. He knew way too many people and was everyone's best bud.

I was just admiring the back of his head when he looked behind and caught my eyes. For a second I froze and for some reason, I'd like to believe so did he. He slightly smiled at me without breaking eye contact, as if waiting for me to respond. I smiled back hastily and looked down, staring at the bench in front of me. All these weird thoughts in my mind surrounded me. I could feel my cheeks heating up, my eyes wanting to look up to see if he's still looking at me. My mind was convincing me that the stare lasted longer than it should. Was he really waiting for me to reciprocate? Does this mean anything or is it all in my head?

"Your head!" said Abigail to Daisy, which was considered one of the classic comebacks in any conversation at our school. It didn't always make sense but for some reason, it was funny and fit at times. Seems like they were in some sort of argument. I was too preoccupied with my own thoughts to even ask, but I know this will change with the wind in no time.

As the day went on all of us became quieter. Today was the last day before summer vacations. In short, this was gonna be the last break before we all start worrying about our universities and get busy preparing for finals. We could hear everyone making plans to meet up after school or places to go during summer break. We three on the other hand were not so worried.

I'm usually the only one among us who travels abroad during vacations, to visit my extended family. But this year is gonna be different. This year we plan on staying here and spending almost everyday with eachother till we're finally saturated and ready to leave for our Unis.

--------------------

A/N

Hope you all are having a great day!
Thank you for reading this book.
Please vote, share and comment if there's anything you liked/related to. Also, lemme know any reading suggestions in the comments.
Be safe. Be happy. :")