Drugged and Found....

Thea's p.o.v.

The ride home was pretty quiet, I expect that our massive hangovers were robbing us of the power of speech. Isaac pulled up outside my house and jumped out grateful to have some space to myself.

‘Thanks for everything,’ I said both Sam and Isaac.

‘You’re welcome,’ Sam said smiling at me. Isaac’s face remained turned away, fixed staring at the road in front. As soon as I stepped back Isaac accelerated up the road and out of sight.

I let myself and switched on the hall light, a gloved hand came out of nowhere and pressed against my mouth, preventing me from screaming. I intended to jerk back and head butt my attacker in the face but just as this thought crossed my mind everything began to slow down...and went black.

                                                                     ********

Team Z  p.o.v 

I watched as Agents Zee and Zed carried her unconscious body into the living room where the Doc. had erected a gurney. They laid her there and stepped back to let the Doc. perform his examination. He measured, weighed, prodded and poked all over her body. Just as I asked. When it looked as though his examination was coming to its end I looked up at him questioningly.

‘So’ I asked ‘Can she do it?’

‘She could carry yes, but not deliver.’ He said gravely. I raised my eyebrow questioningly. ‘She has a heart murmur which is a small hole in her heart. If she is put under stress this hole can grow, which could kill her. Under the circumstances I’m going advise that you find another carrier.’

‘Unfortunately Dr. that isn’t possible, she must be the one.’ I hissed.

‘I took the Hippocratic oath I cannot endanger her life, it would be unethical.’

‘It’s a bit late for crisis of confidence.’ I muttered fingering my gun in its holster. The Doc’s face palled slightly. He glanced down at the girl again, and back up at me. ‘So what have you decided Doc.?’

‘I’ll do it.’ he said his voice shaking a little. He took out the needle and plunged it into her arm. She didn’t even stir.

Once he’d finished and the Agents were occupied clearing the house of all evidence, I walked with the Doc outside.

‘I hope my...wobble there earlier hasn’t violated the terms of our contract?’ The Doc said smiling nervously at me.

‘Of course not,’ I responded calmly, reaching into my pocket ‘you will be paid in due course.’ I quickly drew out the handgun and shot him. Clean through the heart. Watching as his face turned from one greed to surprise. The agents placed him on the gurney and wheeled him outside to the waiting van disguised as an ambulance. The street carried on as normal, unaware of what we had just carried out.

                                                                   *****

Thea’s p.o.v

I woke with a start, had it all been a dream? My head felt groggy, my vision unfocused. What had happened? My arm and shoulder ached as I struggled to get off the sofa. I stumbled over to the phone hoping to phone my parents, the police, and ambulance, anyone. When I reached the phone, my arm and fingers had trouble punching in the numbers. I threw the phone down in frustration. What do I do? Think Thea!  Isaac, he should know!