Chapter Five: You're Having Sex, Aren't You?

"I'm Maz," The very hot, very tattooed man in front of me said, putting his hand out. 

"Hale," I said, shaking his hand. 

"That's a very pretty name, for a very pretty girl," Maz sent me a smile that should come with a warning label. 

"Uhm..." 

"Right, well," Oliver interjected, obviously seeing the air becoming awkward, "I wanted to bring Hale by to show her how amazing this place is." 

"Of course!" Maz bowed, "Welcome, Hale, to our family."

"Oh God," Oliver moaned, rolling his eyes, "Here goes 'the speech' again."  

Maz eyed Oliver, but said nothing in return. Instead, he turned to me. "Here at Tiger Clan we pride ourselves of being a family. Everything we do is related to our love for everyone here," Maz motioned to the huge space and I held my breath as his muscles flexed, "Take for example, Oliver. He's been coming here since he was four." 

"Wow, really?" I interrupted, looking at Oliver. 

"Yeah, I started with Kajukenbo, then after I made my first black belt I moved onto other stuff," He shrugged as if it was no big thing. 

"Sweet." 

"Yeah, but he had to go and quit right before he made his second degree black belt," Maz slapped Oliver's shoulder, somewhat playful, somewhat serious. 

"I know man, I know," Oliver rubbed his shoulder, wincing, "I promise I'll be coming back!" 

"It's been six months." 

Oliver rolled his eyes, "I know how long it's been. But I told you, there were...things." 

Maz gave one last disapproving look, but said no more on the matter. "So anyway," He suddenly began, looking at me, "I'd love to show you around." 

"Yeah, okay." I said stupidly, still in wonder about why exactly I was here, what was causing the guys to be so tense, and how in the hell someone could be so fricken hot

"So here's the wrestling mat, there's the boxing ring, punching bags to the left," and it wen ton and on, him showing me piece of equipment after piece of equipment, each more badass than the last. 

"And here," Maz said, motioning to the dangerous and beautiful octagon shaped piece of metal behind him, "Is the UFC cage. We use it for MMA and sometimes other classes. It depends." 

I walked forward and grasped onto the chains of the gate. A flood of memories flashed through me, all of them amazing, and all of them painful. Emotionally and physically. 

"I don't know if you've heard of MMA, but it stands-" 

"I have," I said in a tone that suggested I know more than I meant to lead on. 

"Well then, I assume you know how violent it is-" 

"I do." Same tone again. 

"Oh really?" I looked back at Maz to see him looked slightly irked, "Just how well do you know?" 

"I know well enough," I answered. I don't know why I'm being so mean and bitchy, it wasn't Maz's fault that he reminded me so much of what I could no longer have. 

Maz clenched and unclenched his jaw, "Alright fine. But answer me this one thing." 

"Sure," I said cautiously. 

"What did you do?" 

I knew what he was referring to, but damn if it didn't hurt to have to think about it. "A little tiny bit of everything, but mostly kickboxing and Muay Thai. Occasionally some MMA. But I didn't really stick with anything." Okay, that was a bit of a lie...