Chapter Six|The waiter

(Edited ! Feel free to read. / Song of the chapter -"Maps" by Maroon 5)

It was around 5:20 pm, when I had decided to get ready for the evening out. Me and my mum thought it would be nice to go out for dinner that day since it was Friday and she had a day off from work. I rummaged through my wardrobe, searching my black skirt, whilst I was quietly singing the lyrics to the song, which was playing. I had my stereo on to put myself in a good mood. Music kind of helps always, so why not. Finally I felt the soft thick material of my black skirt beneath my finger tips and quickly pulled it out of the mess of my clothing. I slipped on the skirt above my white tights and tucked my white shirt under the skirt. My brand new black wedges matched my outfit perfectly and the only thing left to do was my hair. I didn't wear any kind of makeup because I never was a fan of it. I liked to keep myself simple and natural. Once I had brushed my hair, and had a look at myself in the mirror, I sprayed some perfume on my shirt and voilà, I was done. I grabbed my black leather jacket, turned off the music and light and left my room.

"Mum ?" I called her, while I walking down the stairs.

"Yeah ?" She yelled back. The voice came from her room, which means she still hadn't decided which dress she was going to wear. Typical. She takes a whole lot longer than me to get ready. Always has and always will. I turned back and made my way up the stairs again and to my mum's room. I knocked on her door and she told me to come in.

"Take the dark red one" I said to her, indicating to the dress in her left hand. She chuckled and put the other dress back in her wardrobe.

"Thank you" She said and quickly slipped on the dress. It fitted her body in the finest way and she looked breathtaking as always. My mum was a really beautiful woman. I am not saying that because she's my mum but because she honestly is beautiful. Dad would always look at her with adoration and admiration in his eyes. As if she's the most precious thing in the whole world. In moments like this, I totally understand him. I don't always take time to have a good look at my mum and admire her beautiful face or smile. I should do that more often. I should look at her more often. Be aware of how wonderful my mum is. I want to capture every single detail of her in my head and never forget it. One day she will leave me too. Then I will not have a chance to admire her beauty. I will no longer be able to hug her and take in her motherly scent, which is the most comforting scent in the whole world for me. You know, your mum has just that natural scent that you just love. Every mother's scent is special to their child.

"Black or red ?" Mum asked, holding up two pairs of high heels. I pointed to the black ones and she nodded, putting them on.

"If dad would have seen you right now, he would have stood right here and looked at you all lovingly" The words came out of my mouth without intention. I was surprised at what I had said since I didn't like to talk about my dad with anyone. Especially my mum. I looked her in the eyes to see how she would react to it. She froze for a moment but then let out an almost inaudible sigh and ran her hands down her hips, smoothing out her dress. Her eyes fell to the floor and a small sad smile spread on her lips

"Mhm" She mumbled, "That's something he did." The sadness in her voice made my chest tighten and that familiar stinging pain in my heart increase.

"He always said that red looked good on me" She quietly laughed a little, looking up at me again with a half smile, "I miss his voice." I took in a sharp breath and pulled my mum into a hug, trying my best to hold back the feelings and most importantly my tears. I didn't wanna fall into an emotional state right now. I didn't wanna ruin our evening. Mum worked a lot to be able to make sure we both could live a decent life without anything missing. I know she more worked so much for me rather than herself. She just didn't say it like that to me. Never would she want me to know that she worked her rump off so that I would not be different from the other teenagers my age. But I do know it. I always kept that my little secret because I knew it would upset her deeply and I didn't want that. It's hard to act like it's normal or that I don't notice that she always stays longer at work to earn some extra money. We stayed in each others arms for a while before I pulled away and took my mum's face in my hands.