Chapter 19. The Chunin Exam: 7

Rock Lee vs Maki Hatake.

I smirked. This was going to be a fun fight. I was just itching  for a worthy opponent. Wait, what was this feeling that was burning up inside me and taking over my body?

....lust for power?  

... desperation for revenge?

Why was I feeling this way all of a sudden?

I looked across the room. Link was jumping up and down excited that it was finally his turn to fight.

I jumped down to the first floor, landing gracefully on my feet. Lee decided to take the stairs.

"We meet again, my beautiful rice ball! Although in combat" he exclaims sadly.

It's not going to be much of a fight. 

 I will crush him.

Woah woah woah, where are All these thoughts coming from?

...Ever since I acquired the curse mark I've been feeling a bit off.

Maybe I should've just quit the exams like my teammates suggested. No, I'm tired of being genin at my skill level.

And as soon as I make chunin, kakashi uncle will recommend me for jounin. Imagine that, jounin at age 13.

I growled at Link. "Look Link, I'm warning you. Forfeit this match. I'm feeling out of it today and I really don't want to hurt you."

He gave me a dazzling smile despite my bad mood. "Do not worry about me my perfectly pressure-cooked piece of steak, I will be just fine! I refuse to forfeit this match!"

Seriously, where does he come up with these things?!

"As you wish." I muttered. I did warn him...

Whatever these feelings of hate were, I had to get over them. Before the fight began.

"No forfeits? Then let the second fight of the preliminaries begin!" The third exam proctor said before geting out of our way. Smart guy.

Lee came at me and I whipped my kunai out. We sparred for a while, but we were just playing with each other.

I concentrated on my hatred and forcefully willed it to disappear.

After taking a few deep breaths, my anger was gone and felt like my old self again.

Our sparring became intenser and I ended up on one side of the room, Lee, the other.

I smirked. "I'll go easy on you Link. I won't use ninjutsu or genjutsu. This will be an all-out taijutsu battle, to see who one of us is the stronger taijutsu fighter. Sound fair?"

"Give me your worst!" He cried out.

I pulled out more kunai and went at it again.

Using no jutsu was kind of boring. Cause let me tell you, I had a bunch up my sleeve.

"Maki! You could have been there to save us!" A voice cried out in my ear.

I froze and Lee got a hard kick to my jaw.

It was my mother's voice, crying out to me.

"Maki, you killed us! Your own parents. You weren't strong enough to save us." My father's stern voice said harshly, penetrating my brain.

What...what was this?

I felt the same evil presense as before and looked up to where the jounin were watching us. The sensei of those sound ninja was watching me intensely. And that's when I knew.