Chapter 4 - (Part 3) Just a Normal Day?

"REI-CHWAAAAANNN!"

The door to my room slid open with a loud bang, making me flinch before I realized who it was. He's here..

I turned slowly and glared at my annoying intruder.

Shusui.. I thought with a groan.

Don't get me wrong. I love Shusui to death but...

I'm happy he's happy to see me...

But snapping me out of my daydreaming does not make me happy. I was just daydreaming about Madara-sama and Hashirama-sama looking oh so lovingly in each other's eyes, both leaning in for a kiss-

Yes. I was not happy.

It also doesn't help that I've come to freakin' like this adorable happy-go-lucky boy to the point where I can't hate him for more than 5 minutes.

Shusui giggled. "Look here, Rei-chan. I found something amazing in one of our storages!" He presented to me what he found in a 'Ta-dah!' fashion.

Still a bit sour (pouting), I only took one uninterested glance at it... and froze. No way... "It was an old doll of Mother's. Isn't she just cute~?"

It was a life-size doll with straws as the stuffing.

It looked amazingly human-like with clothes of that of a little girl.

The hair looked oddly too real.

Its eyes made of small black buttons.

A nose stitched in place?

It looked something out of the 'Nagoro Village's dolls. It was creepy. But most of all...

It was horrifying.

"It can be yours now, Rei-chan." I looked up to Shusui's smiling face. My face pale in comparison to his red-flushed ones.

"...on't wan...it.."

Shusui blinked and leaned his face close to my pale face. "What did you say?"

I repeated it again. "I don....nt it..."

Closer. "Hmm?"

"I DON'T WANT IT!"

I was not ashamed to have yelled so loudly. And at his ears, too.

The doll brought back horrible memories. Every doll I encounter, I can't help but think that they're after me.

But who could blame me? 'Child's Play' is one of the many horror movies I did not enjoy as a kid.

I'm fine with horror movies before I died. I found them way more amusing than the people the same age as me.

But something about Chucky and Dolls scares and creeps me out.

They were what my nightmares always almost consisted of.

"E-Eh? Rei-chan..?" Shusui frowned, a bit hurt, after he got his hearing back. "Don't you like her?"

One look at my terrified, close-to-tears eyes and he backed off. One thing that I was grateful for.

I do not want a Nagoro Doll hanging around in my room and staring at me while I sleep.

It was most likely gonna plot my death.

---

The next day, all porcelain dolls in the house oddly disappeared. I don't know why.

I kind of like those pretty dolls.

---

Three months later (my birthday have come and gone again), I started my Kanji training.

Well, I started with writing Hiragana and Katakana (did you know that there is actually a proper stroke order? No? Me, too.) but that's not my point.

My point is, I started Kanji training.

It was hard, I admit, but it was fun.

For example, you can put the kanji for sun right next to the kanji of moon and you get the kanji for bright.

There's also two readings for each Kanji.

Kun-yomi (the one you uses if you're only reading a Kanji alone) and On-yomi (the one you uses when reading a Kanji along side with another Kanji).
I'm not gonna lie, but that just made learning Kanji a lot more difficult but who says there will be no challanges in learning Japanese?

*cough*absolutelynotme*cough*

But on other matters...

"Sasuke-nii? What are you doing?"

In a fit of surprise, Sasuke almost face-planted. "Rei?"

I smiled and went down from the veranda that I was on, making my way over to where he is. "Yup. So what'cha doing, nii-chan?"

I smelled a distinctive scent of smoke. Is he...? "Are you making a fire?" My brows furrowed in confusion.

"Fire?" Sasuke mirrored my expression before the meaning of what I said dawned to him. "No no! I'm not making a fire! I mean.." At my inquiring look, he seemed a bit more... panic-stricken? "It's not really a fire! More like... smoke!"

I blinked.

He slumped in defeat. "I can only create smoke..."

"Oh, nii-chan..." I reached up to pat his mane. "Can't you ask anyone to teach you? Like..." I forced a smile. "Itachi-nii-sama?"

I already knew the answer once an irritated scowl appeared on his face. Why bother.

He stood up straighter snd crossed his arms. "He's always busy."

I wisely kept my mouth shut from adding "He's not." when I saw the same person we were talking about round the corner reading and carrying a bunch of scrolls.

Sasuke huffed.

---

Later that evening, I was sitting down on the veranda, daydreaming with a smile on my face as it continued to rain.

It wasn't a storm-like rain (though I would very much prefer that), more like a steady downpour but it was still nice nonetheless.

The rain has always calmed me down and had continued to bring a smile to my face.

It always made me forget my problems even for just a moment.

I sometimes wondered why I haven't been reborn in the Rain Country instead of the Fire country.

If I had, I would've continued to become a happy-go-lucky girl like Shusui.

Surely it's more calm in that place, right?

---

LIARS