Chapter 1 -- Meet The Family

"I'M SICK OF YOU!" my step mother shouted.

"Scew off," I mumbled to myself, trudging up the stairs.

"I HEARD THAT, YOU BITCH."

That was the last thing I heard before slamming my door, and flopping on my bed. I sighed deeply then got out my phone and texted my best  (and only) friend, Skylar.

The beast has awakened. 

She quickly replied back, Maybe this time you should slay it.

I smiled at her reply. 

I can help ;) She replied again.

I sighed as the rush of the day swept over me, leaving me beyond tired. 

Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass. ttyl. That was the last thing I texted before sleep waved oover me.

____________________________________

"WAKE THE FUCK UP," my father yelled. "YOU'RE GONNA BE LATE!"

"What a lovely family I have," I sarcastically said to myself. "Caring, and loving. Pfft, what a bunch of bull."

I tossed on a 'LOVE PINK' sweatshirt, and some short-shorts before tossing my hair in a side pony. I sprinted down the stairs and jumped into my car, ignoring the casual-morining-death-threats of my step "mother". Oh how I looooove my "parents", if you can even call them that.

The only thing that keeps me sane is my best friend Skylar (the only person brave enough to call my step mother a string of words I'd rather not repeat), and my brother, who has (I'm proud to say) beat my father's ass more than once. I love them; they are my true and only.

I pulled up to school and mumbled a few suggestive curses as I bumped into someone. Oh, but of course, with me and my messed up life, this "somone" happened to be Jason Adams. Our school's Official Bad-Ass.

"Watch the language," he said jokingly. 

Good Lord, he was sexy.

His tossled black hair was set perfectly above his crystal eyes. I let my own eyes travel down to glance at his shirt, which showed off his perfectly toned abs. His abs alone made me want to jump on him. 

He cleared his throat.

Damn.

Damn. Damn. Damn.

He caught me staring.

"I, err, uh... Sorry," I finally managed to say. 

"Take a picture, it'll last longer," he whispered in my ear. I blushed, not because of the remark, but because of how close he had gotten. 

I walked (more like sprinted) to the front of the school, blushing furiously. 

"Hey!" He shouted at me. "I'm Jason."

"Peyton," I shouted back.

"I'll be seeing more of you, Peyton." He winked at me. 

I walked into the school, before stopping dead in my tracks....

What just happened?

_________________________________

Author's Note:

Sorry if the first chapter was boring (and super short), but I swear it'll get better!! It wasn't really supposed to be an exciting first chapter, it was just to get you to really know the characters and what they're like. Please read on, and give lots of feedback!!