***PROLOGUE***

*****The Settings and the Characters in this story, except for Lena, Kayden, and anyone else we create, belong to Terry Goodkind and The Sword of Truth  and Legend of the Seeker Series.*****

Prologue

*Richard's POV*

I paced furiously back and forth outside the door to Kahlan's room.  I could hear her screaming in agony.  

My instincts told me to rush in and help, but Cara and Nicci would have none of it.  

The halls to the people's Palace were empty today, except for the First File Guards, posted at every turn and sworn to protect the Mother Confessor and I.

"Bags! Richard, be patient! These things take time!" scolded my grandfather, Zeddicus Zu'l Zorrander, Wizard of the First Order.  

There was a loud crunch as he took a bite out of a juicy red apple.  Juice dribbled down his wrinkly face, causing me to smile.

"Zedd, don't swear." I repriminded him.  He shrugged off my comment with a wave of his hand.

The door to the room opened and Nicci's blonde head peaked out.  I stopped my pacing, coming to a halt.

"Richard, Kahlan had twins!" She exclaimed, her face beaming with a huge smile.

I felt my face break into a proud grin as well.

"Bags! Twins?" yelled Zedd, raising to his feet.

Nicci came fully out into the hallway, opening the door wide and gesturing for me to go in.

I walked in to see Kahlan holding to pink babies on her breast.

Cara was sitting in a chair next to the bed.  They both had concerned looks on their faces.

"What?" I asked, my heart pounding in my chest.

Cara picked up the baby on Kahlan's right and brought it over to me.  Once it was in my arms, she pulled back it's swaddling cloth.

It was a boy.

I looked up to Kahlan, a tear was rolling down her face.

"We have to kill him." she said, her voice barely audible.

A knot came into my throat, as I choked back sobs.  

Suddenly, Nathan came rushing into the room.  He looked a mess.

"I've had a vision!" He exclaimed between gasps for air, clearly exhausted from his run.

He handed me a crumpled piece of paper.

I handed the boy over to Cara and tried smoothing the paper as best as I could.

"Nicci, go find a rada'han." I said, tearing the paper into tiny bits.  "Nathan, you are to tell no one of your vision.  Not one soul, understand?" 

I gripped the hilt of my sword, feeling the imprint of the word Truth biting into my flesh.

Troubles sires three children, and I do NOT want to meet the third.

************************************************************************************************************

I don't think ANYONE has been as excited about this little piece of awesomness as NightWhisp and I (Britski) have been! LOL we are such geeks ^_^  Hope you enjoyed this!