The Confession

~Dan POV~

Once everyone has been paired up the teacher walks to the front of the classroom. "For this project," she begins, "you will be making a movie trailer. The trailer can be for a film of any genre you like, however some may be easier than others. Remember you're only working as a pair, but you can ask other people to be in the film too, as long as you do the planning and scripting. This will count as 10% of your media double award GCSE so plan it well! For today's lesson, you will be planning your ideas for genres, titles and scripts. We will start filming next lesson if anyone thinks they are ready to by then so make use of the time you have! Off you go!" Everyone immediately starts talking and writing things down. I turn to Phil to see him beaming at me.

"So!" He says enthusiastically. "What genre shall we do?"

"Maybe we could do something based around horror...?" I say, desperate not to sound pushy at all.

"That's a great idea! We could make fake blood and everything!"

"So what should the storyline be?"

"There could be a ghost!"

"Who haunts a family..."

"And kills one of them!" Phil eagerly starts writing this down. "And then," he says, grinning as he makes notes. "We could make things move by using string and make it look like the ghost is doing it!" He makes more notes. I can't help but smile. I can't wait to film this, Phil is so friendly and he has some great ideas! I watch him as he eagerly notes the ideas down, his fringe shaking slightly as he writes, concealing half of his face. After more planning and scripting, the school bell goes.

"PLEASE HAVE SOME MORE IDEAS PLANNED BY NEXT MONDAY." The teacher says loudly as we pack our bags. I walk out of the classroom next to Phil, my bag hitting my side as we walk. 

"So what's your next lesson?"

I get my timetable out of my bag and check as we walk down the corridor, my finger scanning the page and tracing back to period two. "Biology."

"Me too! That must mean you're in my science classes!" I can't help but feel relieved, Phil was the only one I had spoken to yet, the thought of being in a class without him seemed daunting. It was obvious that not everyone would be as nice as Phil was. I still can't believe how nice he's been, and he wanted to be my friend! I can't help but wonder who his other friends are though. Does he have other friends? He must do, he's so nice and friendly, he must be really popular. I sigh as I think about this. Phil isn't going to want to be my friend, he probably has loads of others. Phil looks at me, flicking his fringe out of his eyes slightly, revealing a concerned exression.

"What's up Dan?"

"Oh, nothing." We finally arrive outside the classroom and join the back of a long line of students. The teacher walks into the classroom. "Come in class." We file in and take everyone sits in a seat. I l look round for a few seconds, unsure as to where I should sit, until I see Phil patting a stool next to him. I walk over and sling my bag on the desk. "Doesn't someone else sit here?" Phil looks down, looking embarrased.

"No." He says. "No one sits next to me." I get out my pencil case and so does Phil. I notice the miserable expression on his face. I try to talk to him to cheer him up.

"So, are your friends in other science classes?" He shakes his head. "Other years?" He shakes his head again. 

"I don't actually... have any other friends Dan." Phil says, looking ashamed. "You're the first friend I've had in ages."

"But you're really nice!" I say to him. "Sorry, that sounded weird." He smiles at me.

"No, it's fine, I'm glad you think so!"