Angel Prince: The Memories (chapter 3)

CHAPTER THREE: I WILL NEVER LET HER FALL!

Days passed and I still do not know how to tell my father that I fell in love with a human. Ethan promised that he will keep our little secret but Athrun did not.

Ethan agreed that we should not tell our father about Quincy and Ely because he knew that our father would object. He will send us back to heaven... or worse... he will assign us as guardian angels of newborn babies.

Athrun disagreed because for him, falling in love with a human will just make our life more problematical. We are not allowed to fall in love with humans. Angels are for angels... demons are for demons... humans are for humans.

"You better stop this craziness Justin," he said after praying the rosary with the other angels for the repose of the souls of the victims of the hurricane in Baingto.

"Easy for you to say that... you've never been in love," I countered.

"I'll choose the right person to love..."

"HA!" I exclaimed. "Choose?"

He nodded and flew faster. It was getting dark and for sure, Ethan was waiting for the two of us. He was left alone in the castle since he can't pray with us.

I spread my wings wider and went in front of him. "What is love for you?"

"Love is... love. Love is love."

I stared at him with indifferent eyes.

He rolled his eyes. "Honestly Justin, I don't know what it is..."

"You've never been in love?"

He shoved me out of his way and continued flying. "I don't want t talk about it."

We did not talk again after that. I thought I already know Athrun. I could feel that he was hiding something from me. It could be a dark experience or a wonderful experience that he wanted to forget.

The sky was painted in different colors. Clouds formed different shapes. Birds flew gracefully. It was very peaceful... I miss Quincy...

"Quincy," I muttered.

"Are you saying something?"

"Don't mind me..." He'll never understand me. He doesn't know how hard it is to love someone who can't love you back.

We were near the castle when I saw the playground... the place where Quincy and I used to play when we were young. The large cherry tree was still there. Nothing had changed.

"Why did you stop flying?" Athrun demanded.

"You go ahead..."

"Where are you going?"

"To the place where I found my happiness."

* * *

I sat on the ground near the blue seesaw. The memories were still fresh in my mind. I wish I could bring back the past. I wish I could just be a human so that I don't have to control my feelings for her.

I want to shout the words "I love you" and hug her securely. I'll love her like there's no tomorrow. I'll kiss her overpoweringly and I'll stay with her forever!

The footsteps behind me interrupted my sweet fantasies. I tried to ignore the sound but the sound seemed to be getting closer.

"Justin?"

My heart jumped the moment I heard that very familiar voice; the voice that could melt my heart and bring back my lost happiness.

I slowly cocked my head to the other side...

"Quincy..."

She walked toward me and smiled puckishly. "What are you doing here?"

"Um... ahh... having a rest,"

She sat beside me and stared up in the sky. "How's your day?"

"F - fine..." Raaaaaar! I don't know the right thing to say! "H - how ab - about y - you?"

"Fine," she said softly.

Unfair! Why can't I talk to her properly?

"This is the lace where we used to play..." This was where our little love start and continued to grow.

She nodded. "We used to climb the cherry tree."

I laughed. "You used to fall."

She laughed too. "But you where always there to catch me."

"I don't want you to get hurt..."

I heard a swishing sound behind us and felt a dark aura. Someone was watching us. Someone was listening to us.

A demon.

We are in danger. There were demons that hunt angels and kill them. That is why angels rarely leave the castle alone.

I stood up immediately and pulled up Quincy. I could sense the dark aura behind the cherry tree so I pulled Quincy behind me and positioned defensively. "Show yourself!"

"Hello, cousin!" the demon said loftily.

Quincy gasped when the demon showed his self to us. I looked at her and was surprised to see her face filled with horror. Humans cannot see our true form so I really wonder what made Quincy ---

"Hello, Quincy..." he said with a smile.

"How did you know her?" I asked.

"We're friends..." He smiled again. "I know her parents."

"Leave us alone Kira!" I hissed.

"I need to talk to Quincy."

Quincy's gasped again. "I have nothing to say..."

"Are you sure?" Kira asked, his smile fading away.

I did not give Quincy the chance to answer him. I darted toward Kira and whispered, "Leave. You are scaring her."

We stared at each other for a moment before he finally turned around and walked away. When I looked back at Quincy, she was already kneeling on the floor and whimpering.

I run toward her and helped her to stand up. Seeing her like that was not a good feeling.

"Take me back to the castle," she said weakly.

"Are you okay?"

"Just take me home..."

I lifted her up and carried her back to the castle. Her reaction surprised me... and scared me too. I wanted to ask her why she acted like that but she had closed her eyes and I know that he will refuse to answer me.

Well then, I'll just hunt Kira.