Chapter Twelve

Tyler met Arabella at the studio the next day after practice to help with her audition again. She had filled him in that she wanted to dance to his song and he was all for it. As they got into the practice room she thought back to the day before. She couldn’t help but smile to herself.

     The night before she was floating on could nine. She hadn’t gotten home until late because of her jam packed day. Instead of going to sleep, she had been way too pumped up for that, she stayed up late thinking about the kiss. She must have gone over every second a million times in her head.

     He took out his cello while Arabella put on her ballet shoes. There was a knock on the door. Before Arabella could respond, someone barged in. Jordan saw Arabella sitting there. Tyler was out of her line of vision. Realizing the room was taken, she sneered at Arabella and slammed the door.

     “Who was that?” Tyler asked, looking appalled. Bless his heart.

     “My competition” Arabella said. She was glad Jordan hadn’t seen Tyler because she preferred Tina not to know he existed until the audition.

     He was patient while she practiced and didn’t mind playing things again and again. When she could feel her feet start to bleed, she decided it was time to stop. The audition was Friday and she wasn’t quite ready, but she knew she could work it up in time.

     “Want to go grab some dinner?” he asked, packing up his cello. She had learned it was named Randy after Randy Travis. 

     “I already ate a lot today” she lied and his face fell. “But if you wanted to watch a movie or something at my place...” His face lit right up. 

    “What are we watching?” he asked, lying on her couch once they were at her apartment.

     “Finding Nemo or The Little Mermaid?” she asked, pulling their DVD collection out.

     “The Little Mermaid definitely. I always thought she was the hottest princess. I guess I‘ve always had a thing for red heads” he winked.

     Arabella laughed and set up the movie. Her dad was working, of course, so they had the place to themselves. Once the movie was going, she turned to sit down on the couch. It was a small couch, however, and there wasn’t any space left. He was laying across the entire thing.

    She stood there for a few seconds, wondering what to do when he patted the small sliver of couch left. He was laying sideways with his head on one arm rest and feet over the other. 

     She laid down next to him sure she would fall off. She pressed her back against his chest so she could see the movie and he used his arm to pull her close and slung one leg over hers to keep her on the couch. 

     “Under the seaaaa” he sang badly like he had been doing the whole time. It was hard to pay attention with his breath on her back of her neck. She shivered involuntarily and didn’t have to turn around to know there was a cocky grin on his face. He knew exactly how much he affected her. She was reaching her arm around the back of his neck to pull him closer when she heard keys jingling. She fell off the couch in panic and surprise.

     “Arabella?” her dad called, walking in.

     “Right here!” she said from the floor.

     “What are you doing down there? “ he asked, looking from her to Tyler. “Who is he?”

     “I’m stretching” she said, popping into the splits. She didn’t miss Tyler’s eyes bugging out. “This is my friend, Tyler. He has been helping me with my audition.”

     “Nice to meet you, sir” Tyler said, jumping up for a handshake. 

     “Likewise” said her dad warily. Great. She was thankful when his phone went off, distracting him. 

     “I better get home, my mom is making dinner. Very nice to meet you Mr. Finnigan”

     “You, too” her dad said and Arabella internally cringed. Awkward. 

     “I’ll see you at school, Arabella” Tyler said. it sounded extremely weird to hear him say her full name. She saw him out.

     “Are you seeing that boy? I don’t want you distracted from ballet” her dad stated, looking at his phone.

     She was a generally calm person, but her blood boiled. “So now all of a sudden you care about my life? When was the last time you asked me about ballet? Do you even know when my auditions are? I’ve been making my own decisions for years, I know what’s best for me” she yelled and went into her room. She threw open the window and sat in the tree for a song time sorting out her thoughts.

     The thing that bothered her most was that her dad cared too late. It would have been nice to have someone to talk to while she was trying to figure out her feelings and ballet and everything. Maddock was great, but he was just a kid, too. Adults usually know best.

     Her phone buzzed, Tyler. It was weird calling you by your full name. I didn’t think your pop would appreciate a pet name, though.

    She smiled and responded I was thinking the same thing:)

     Arabella thought back to the couch. She wondered what would have happened if her dad hadn’t walked in. She heard his footsteps getting closer to her room, and for a second she thought he was going to knock on her door, but then the footsteps got quieter again as he walked away.

A/N: Short chapter! Sorry about that, the next one is long! You guys have been giving me so much love lately, thanks to all the people that have really stuck with it and comment/vote on every chapter. You guys are the best! FaithfulRebellion, MaitreyaTheNovel, LazyDaisies, RedRia, teenytoes, infinitereality, Debooo, noodlesdoodles123, and savyshea77 you're the reason I'm still writing this book! Lately I've been getting a lot of reads without votes or comments, more than usual (not including the people I mentioned),and  I'm not quite sure what that means so if you're someone just reading comment or message me to let me know why! I just want to make this story as good as I possibly can and your critique means the world to me! 

In other words what do you think about Arabella's fight with her dad? Was she right to blow up at him? Do you like what Tyler named his cello? What's your favorite flavor of ice cream? Hahaha:) Aaanyways basically if you're reading I want to hear from you and I'm sorry if I forgot to mention anyone above. 

xoxo

Hannah Rose