Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Jack pov

I still held her in my arms, her slight figure melded to mine in a nice way but she was too much a child to catch my eye, and her apparal was too boyish. She sucked in a breath and jerked out of my hold and turned.

She smirked "Well as much as this is a pleasure and honour master Grimm, I respectfully decline."

"Sorry lass not an option"

"Oh yeah?" she spun on the dirt kicking up a cloud and kicked both my knees. They buckled and I fell to the ground. I saw her dash off and I followed.

Caine pov

Jackson Grimm! He's supposedly ruthless! I ran after kicking him and went into the near alleyway, it was a dead end I heard his boots thud as he came closer. I turned and saw him, I jumped on to one of the crates and grabbed a clothesline. I hoisted m'self onto it and walked across, I grabbed onto a large window and jumped into the room. It was a woman of the nights room. I grabbed a dress and powder an lifted my hair into a bun. I smeared rogue onto my lips and ash on my eyes. The dress was not revealing but my bandages showed, I removed them an stuffed my trousers and shirt into my bag. My black boots I kept on. I left the room with some of the womans jewels too. I saw Jackson outside the threshold and walked right by. He did not even recognize me, but he did stare as many of the men did... I gave a curt nod and went on my way. Someone grabbed my arm and pulled me to their chest, they were drenched in a smell of mead, smoke, sea water, and sweat. I wrinkled my nose and pushed him off.

"now wench don't be like that!" he slurred, he was a drunk merchant his clothes were fine so I smiled and shook his hand, " Sorry good sir but I'm not one of the ladies here. Good day." I turned away seeing the ring I slipped off his hand was in fact a real catch... Not as beautiful as Jack's but worth a price. My arm was now caressed as the merchant came behind me again, I slipped my hands to his pockets and grabbed his shilling pouch and his pounds. I turned and tripped him inconspicuously. He fell in a drunken daze as the men saw and laughed. He was out cold so I left. As I turned the corner Jackson was there smiling.

"Well played Catherine, I approve. Now come on we'll be late for the tide if we not ferry now!" I stood there stunned.

"how'd you know?!"

"Your eyes... They're the stangest colours and if you don't hide them they will be noticable..."

Bloody hell! My cursed eyes! With one icy blue and the other violet I can't shake this man! He'll be able to find me anywhere I go...

"why are you taking me?"

"well seeing as how your good at disguises, balanced, smart, strong, and very slick fingered; you're as good as any pirate I'd want."

I felt a little flattered that someone saw so much in me... What the hell I've nowhere to go.

"I will go with you." I said I walked up to him and smirked, "But dear captain I will not be taken lightly..."

"Would n'er think of it m'lady" he bowed and took of his seaman's hat. I saw his hair was braided in a rough way and had a few beads and feathers in his black locks. His hair was as black as mine... His eyes were a sea green. I bowed in the boys fashion only to hear his laughter.

"What pray tell is so funny captain?"

"Theres a sight to see! A young woman giving me a lads bow!"

"Dont get comfortable with this appearance..." I trudged to the alley and changed back, I turned around to find my eyes meeting with Jackson's,"You dog! How dare you set eyes on me!" I came up to him and slapped him hard on the face. He lifted his head and his eyes glinted with something fierce... He stalked close like a hound toward a flank of beef. His hand grasped the scarlet dress and he tossed it aside, he slammed his hands on both sides of my head and leant it. I could only see his face, smell his sweat and the sea. I could barely breathe... He leant in and I closed my eyes. His stubble grazed my cheek as he whispered "See what lies in store for one who pokes a sleeping beast?"

He leant away and smirked, leaving me angry. "You ruddy arse!!!" I growled I grabbed the dress and followed him closely... Why did my heart beat so much when he was near?

A/N please just comment, I don't really care bout votes just feedback and readers!!!