Chapter Four ~ A Shoulder to Cry On

===============================================================================

Caroline's P.O.V.

I pulled away from Adam, because I knew Stacy was waiting for me to call her. 

"What's wrong?", Adam furrowed his eyebrows at me. 

"Nothing.", I stood on my tip-toes and kissed his cheek. He smiled.

"I better go.", he motioned behind him with a slight frown. 

"Yeah, same here.", I shrugged.

We exchanged smiles and both started down our different sides of the sidewalk. 

I pulled out my phone and dialed one on my speed dial. 

"Hello?"

"Hey Stace." 

"Caroline! Tell me what happened!"

"Okay, well first of all, Adam and I are dating now."

"Holy fudge Caroline! That's awesome." 

"Haha, yeah.", I blushed.

"What happened with detention?" 

"Well, Adam and I lost track of time, so I was late to science. But Adam was really sweet and got detention too.....for me!" 

"God, that boy is devoted." 

"Mhmm! Oh my god Stace, this is one of the best things that's ever happened to me." 

"Wow."

"Yup."

"Well, Caroline, that's really great, but I have to take Lily to her soccer practice." 

Lily is Stacy's little sister, she's only seven, but she's really athletic and smart. I can remember back when Stacy's mom was getting ready for her arrival. Whenever Stacy and I were together that was all we would talk about. We would always try and figure out what her mom would name her and what she would be when she was older. 

"Ah, okay. Text me, kay?"

"Mhmm. Bye."

"Bye.", I hung up. 

==============================================================================

Adam's P.O.V.

I climbed into my car, and turned the engine on. 

I was going to Jordan's house to study. We had a lot of classes together, so our homework was pretty much the same. 

I pulled into his driveway and got out of my car. Walking up the pathway, I felt my pocket vibrate.

It was Caroline-she had texted me.

Caroline: Hey, Adam, what's up?  

Hmm. That was odd. She should be doing her homework right about now. 

Adam: Hey, just going to Jordan's house to study. Why aren't you doing your homework?

Caroline: Already finished during study hour.

She probably was bored. Last I remember, her only friends were Stacy and me. I texted Stacy to see if she could hang out with Caroline, so she wouldn't be too bored. She never liked being alone.

Adam: Stacy! Caroline is really bored, any chance you two could hang out?

Stacy: Nope, taking Lily to soccer practice. If you have a chance tell her I\\\'m sorry.