Chapter 3

When Anthony opened his eyes, he felt the water rise to his waist. He tried to move his head but the pain shot through his neck. “Ian? Are you okay?” There was no response. “Hey!” Anthony shouted. “Can somebody hear me?! Talk to me!” Anthony yanked on his seatbelt until he was free. He moved so he could look around. When he looked at Ian he saw that there was blood on his shirt and Anthony started to panic. He placed his fingers on Ian’s neck and felt a pulse. He felt his heart skip a beat. Ian is still alive! When he tried to free Ian, he saw that his head was bleeding. “Shit! Please, hang on.”

He looked over to the right side to see if the others were okay. He saw that Mari’s eyes were open and that she was breathing. “Mari!”

She looked over at Anthony and cried, “You’re alive! I’m so scared.”

“It’s okay Mari. Can you free yourself?” She shook her head.

“David...” She stammered. Anthony got out of his seat so he could see what was wrong with him. Lasercorn was pressed against the wall with the water reaching just below his nose.

“You have to get him free.” Mari’s voice cracked.

Anthony stepped past Mari and Sohinki. He tried to get Lasercorn out of his seat but one of his legs was stuck. When Anthony looked down he saw a sharp piece of iron that pierced Lasercorn stomach. “Mari, we have to get out of the plane.” The screams for help that came from the other passengers were heartbreaking but Anthony had to save his friends first.

Joven gained consciousness again and looked around. “Mari, are you okay?” He asked when he saw Mari. He was so happy she was still alive.

“I think I broke my arm. I can’t get out of my seat.” She tried again to free herself but it didn't work. Joven got up and knelt down next to Mari. “I’ll get you free. Hold on.” He struggled with the seatbelt but after a while he got her free.

“Get her out of the plane.” Anthony said while he tried to figure out how he could save Lasercorn.

“O my god his stomach!” Mari yelled when she saw the piece of iron. She looked terrified.

“The water is rising. We have to get out or else we’re all going to drown. Get her out of the plane.” Anthony repeated.

There were people passing them, trying to make their way out, carrying or supporting other passengers. A couple of passengers, who managed to get out, yelled that they were really close to an island. Joven carried Mari in his arms. "I'll be back to help you after I get her into safety." Anthony nodded.

"No! I want to stay and help!" Mari protested.

"You can't help. Your arm is broken" Joven carried her outside the plane wreck and they swam  to the island.                            

Anthony placed his hand under Lasercorn chin to hold his head up. "Do you need some help?" A man with a deep cut on his cheek asked.

Anthony turned around so he could see the man. "Uhm yeah. My friend's leg is stuck but he also has a wound in his stomach."

The man looked at Lasercorn. "That's looking really bad." Anthony didn't reply. He yanked at the seat in front of Lasercorn to get his leg free. "It might help if you pull his leg." The man said, after they failed to free his leg.

Anthony grabbed Lasercorn's leg and looked at the man. "Ready? 1, 2, 3!" He pulled the seat forward while Anthony pulled at Lasercorn's leg. Finally his leg came free, ripping the fabric and a bit of skin of the leg.  Lasercorn's eyes flew open and he screamed in pain. "Hey David, you have to stay still. Don't move or you will lose a lot of blood." Anthony put his hand on Lasercorn4s arm so he would focus on him. Lasercorn bit his lip and tried his best to stay still.

Joven came back with a large piece of metal. "We can lay them on this so we can transport them all at the same time." Joven said while he grabbed Sohinki and pulled him out of his seat. Sohinki was unconscious but he didn't seem to be hurt.

"Can you watch him please?" Anthony asked the man as he pointed at Lasercorn.

"Sure, no problem."

Anthony walked over to his boyfriend. He almost started crying when he held Ian in his arms. Ian didn't move, he felt cold and there was still quite a lot of blood coming out of the wound on his head. "Please wake up." Anthony whispered as he carried him to the piece of metal. He laid Ian down next to Sohinki and looked at both of them.

"They're going to be fine. They have to." Joven said softly.

"There's room for Lasercorn and someone else. Can you search for other survivors?" Joven nodded and Anthony walked back to Lasercorn.

"How are you feeling, buddy?" Anthony asked when he saw Lasercorn staring in front of him.

"Pretty bad. Like somebody shot me in the balls." Lasercorn laughed a little but gasped when the pain shot through his body.

Anthony gave Lasercorn a sad smile. "We'll fix you." The man who was helping them cleared his throat. "I think the best way to carry him out is when you hold him under his arms and I support him under his lower back." Anthony agreed with that and they carefully carried Lasercorn outside and laid him down next to Ian.

Anthony was horrified with what he saw. There were body's floating in the ocean and  when he looked at the people on the Island, he realized that there weren't much survivors. He was snapped out of his thought by Lasercorn who grabbed his arm and grunted in pain. "Make it stop! It hurts too much." Lasercorn squeezed his eyes shut and tried to pull out the piece of iron that was piercing his stomach.

"No, stop. We'll get you to the Island and we'll take care of you there." Anthony pushed Lasercorn’s arms against the metal. “How… How are Matt and Ian? Where's Mari?” Lasercorn asked while he tried to keep his breathing under control.

“They’re both unconscious. Ian’s head is bleeding but Sohinki seems to be fine. Mari is on that island over there. You don’t have to worry about them. It’s you we have to worry about.”

Joven swam towards them, shaking his head. “The people who are still inside are all dead. There are no survivors. We have to get to the island so we can help David.”