Chapter 10 - [ This Is Goodbye ]

HEYYYYYYYY SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING. TT_TT 

Here's the new chapter~ THANK YOU FOR READING. PLEASE:

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN

Enjoy. ^_^

[ Kakashi's Pov ] 

I ordered team 7 to run and stepped aside as the black fire came towards me. I held onto Nanami's arms to stop her from attacking again.

No. It isn't Nanami. Her name was fake. She's Tsukino Ren's sister. Tsukino... Tsukino... Tsukino... SHIZU! How could I forget. She suddenly vanished from her village around three years ago and even the best trackers couldn't locate her. 

"I wasn't the one who killed Ren," I said truthfully. 

She glared at me. "DON'T use his name as if you were friends with him!" she hissed. Tears were starting to form in her eyes. "Ren...Ren...Ren was killed by you..... Itachi... told me...." She gasped and looked away. Itachi? THE Itachi? Itachi in Akatsuki? 

It all made sense now. No wonder nobody could track her. The Akatsuki got her... I looked up suddenly, as if it all became clear. They sent her to kill me to get Naruto. 

"It was the Akatsuki. I was with Ren on that special mission," I told her, remembering that mission. Out of the ten who went, I was the only survivor. 

[ Shizu's Pov ]

He was that boy who Ren was so excited to meet... I remember now... Kakashi Hatake... Why didn't it occur to me that it was the boy I saw back then?

Akatsuki... Itachi... Why did he lie to me... Why...

"Kakashi-san, she is dangerous. You must hand her over to us so we can interrogate her," someone's voice shattered my thoughts. I got up and looked at them. I saw Ibiki standing behind them with a huge grin, probably happy about another victim to torture. 

"She's not dangerous." 

"She just tried to KILL YOU!" 

"I'm not dead yet."

"YET!" 

I felt so happy that Kakashi was defending me, even though I tried to kill him. Maybe he understands my pain of losing Ren. I was happy. I felt that even if I died right here, I would be fine with it.

"Kakashi," I said quietly. He turned around and looked at me with a gentle expression. I would have melted, if I was an ice cube. But I wasn't. "It's okay. Let them arrest me," I walked towards them slowly, not looking at Kakashi in the eye.

He blocked my path. I felt my heart twist. "I guess this is goodbye. I'm sorry, Kakashi" I whispered sadly. I stopped him from being able to move and willingly let myself be arrested. "The things I do for you, Kakashi," I thought sadly, but inside I felt warm. It was more than enough - what he has done for me.

-

I sat in a small prison. It was nearly pitch black. The ground was hard, and cold. I rested my chin on my knees and stared at the ground. How long would I be here for. 

"Well, well well," I heard footsteps and I had a sinking feeling. It was Ibiki. "Come." He opened the small door and I walked out to a room. The room where I was going to be interrogated, if he felt nice or tortured if he was in a bad mood. 

-

I was breathing hard and sweating. It hurts so much. Air. I need air. Now... Now... I'm going to... die................

"Stop it." 

"Nobody can come in when I'm interrogating. Get out." 

"Nobody except Uchiha Itachi, perhaps?" 

I could breathe again. I took deep and long breaths before looking at the scene unravelling before me. Itachi was here.... Itachi... Did he come to save me? I slumped against the wall and tried to keep my eyes open. I was too tired...

[ Kakashi's Pov ] 

Urgent. What could be so urgent I had to go right away.

I had a bad feeling about what I was being called to The Third's office for. When I stopped in front of the door, I heard arguing and prepared myself. I knocked on the door and went in. "Kakashi, good thing you're here now," he said calmly. "Tsukino Shizu was taken by Uchiha Ita-"

Before he could finish, I already headed off to find them. Itachi? What was he going to do to her. What would happen to her. Why am I worrying about her? Why? 

I walked into the interrogation room and looked around. Maybe she left something. A note, a message maybe. Something. Anything. I desperately looked around. Under the table, I saw something that caught my eyes. It was a piece of paper. 

I bent down to pick it up and read what was on it.

I'm taking her back and erasing her memories. You will never see her again, and if you do, she won't know who you are. You two are not suited to be together. 

-Itachi 

I reread the last line over and over again. Not suited to be together? You're a hundred years too young to be telling me to not do what I want to do. 

I WILL find her and bring her back.