o1 - The Opposite of Perfect

• Dedicated to Leo Antonio Olmos

Cara

"Philippa, wake up! It's already 6:30 am. I'm serious!" 

Ugh, I hated having to wake up early. I just was not exactly a morning person, especially during school days.

"Philippa...when are you going to wake up, huh? Aren't you excited for your first day as a junior?" coaxed my mom, Deneese, as she opened my pink floral curtains only to show that the sun has already risen. I can't help but notice how beautiful the sky, as well as the weather today was.

Ohmy. She was right. I was now a junior. A junior!

"I'm awake, and I'm ready!" I exclaimed as I suddenly woke up from my lovely, deep sleep.

I ran quickly towards my own bathroom which had white-colored walls with pink flowers painted on it. Yes, I was indeed very lucky to have not only a large bedroom, but also my own bathroom.

The scents of my new shampoo and showergel which I bought especially for today made my day. My shampoo smelled like lemon while my showergel smelled like oranges. That, for me, was such a refreshing and  perfect combination. Wonderful.

I chose my simple white blouse, my blue blazer, a pair of blue denim shorts with gray star prints, a pair of white wedges and a sparkly penguin necklace as my outfit for today. I've always loved dressing up, especially mixing and matching clothes and jewelry. My friends say that I'm blessed to have such a slender figure which makes me look good in everything I wear. I didn't really think I looked good in everything, though.

The outfit I chose looked great. It was the perfect smart-casual look. I looked at the mirror and noticed that my long black hair was still uncombed. I decided to clip my side bangs which I just got this summer since it might distract me when I do whatever it is we need to do at school today.

After a few minutes, I decided I was ready. School starts at 8:00 am so I still got a lot of time to eat breakfast and to prepare my stuff. Going to my school took only ten minutes since I lived nearby.

For breakfast, I ate bacon, garlic rice, a fried egg and drank hot chocolate with marshmallows. I ate quite a lot, too excited, I guess.

My dad dropped me off at school at exactly 7:47 am.

I checked out which section I belonged first since it was posted on the enormous bulletin board beside the entrance of our school. And of course, I scanned through some of my classmates as well.

"Hey, girl." said a voice behind me as I felt arms hug my waist. A voice, so familiar to me.

"Mick, I've missed you." I replied to my boyfriend, Mick Cressley.

"I'm a bit sad right now, you know."

"Why?" I asked.

"Haven't you noticed? We're not classmates this year." he said, looking sad and worried at the same time. He looked cute, as usual. With those big, round, mesmerizing black eyes, that straight nose and the cute short brown hair, who wouldn't be in love with him?

"Aw, really? That's so unfortunate." 

"It's fine, as long as we have lunch with each other every day, okay?" he said, hugging me. How adorable. Mick wasn't that tall, he was thin like me, but a bit thinner. He was also a quiet person, but noisy when he's with me.

"Of course, baby." I promised. 

I entered our classroom, which looked quite the same as the other classrooms in this school--like other classrooms here, it was made up of only three walls so that the right side would be open and anyone passing by would see you. The truth is, it's made like that simply so that the principal and other observers would see us when she passes by the corridor. I should know, I've been here in this school since I was in Kindergarten.