Chapter 1: The first day

Katniss' POV

Today is my first day of 10th grade at my new school Panem High. I moved here with my little sister, Prim, after my dad died in a car wreck. My mother went into depression and ran off leaving us to fend for ourselves. My Aunt Jena and cousin Clove gladly took us in and are taking great care of us. I wake up and put on some jean shorts and a tank top because it's really hot today. Clove says we're going to meet her friends to get some coffee before school and introduce me. I say bye to Prim and get into the car with Clove and she drives us off to Starbucks.

At Starbucks

We arrive at Starbucks and Clove walks over to a group of people that I'm guessing are her friends. I'm nervous to meet Cloves friends. Would if they don't like me? I walk over and there are 7 people gathered around. Clove walks over to a guy with blonde hair and brown eyes and kisses him. I'm guessing that this is her boyfriend that she talks about every single minute of every single day. She tells me that his name is Cato and he is amazing.

Clove introduces me to all her friends that consist of Annie, Finnick, Marvel, Glimmer, Johanna, and Gale. Then, a guy walks up to us with the most beautiful ocean blue eyes and ashy blonde hair. He is beautiful.

WHAT?? KATNISS YOU SHOULD NOT BE THINKING LIKE THIS!! YOU JUST MET HIM! Clove informs me that his name is Peeta and he is single. HE IS SINGLE!! He will never like me like that though.

At school

Everyone walks to their classes except Peeta. He offers to take me to the office and get me schedule and I don't object. I get my schedule and I realize that I have all my classes with Peeta. YES!! WAIT WHAT?? At lunch, Clove announces that she is hosting a sleepover at our house and only the group (Which is called 'The Victors') is allowed to come. Everybody agrees to come and soon lunch is over. The end of the day goes pretty quickly and I am now walking home. Tonight should be fun!

I am getting ready for the sleepover. I put some pajama pants on and a tank top. I lay out some snacks while Clove is on the phone ordering pizza. I hear a knock at the door and everyone comes in. When we all settle down, we sit in the circle when Finnick yells

"Let's play Truth O'Dair"

We all finally agree and start playing.