Mother-In-Law

“Minho, can you come with me to the store to buy some tea?” Father-in-law asked Minho

“Yeah, sure, I’ll get my coat” He said. As he passed by me he kissed my forehead. “Hwaiting!” He whispered to me. I coughed a small laugh just to get it out of my system and turned to my mother-in-law.

“I’m coming too!” Sulli announced and ran down the stairs. She followed the two men out the door and closed it behind her.

I was scared now.

It’s just my mother-in-law and I

No maids, bro

Just the two of us

Who knows what the hell she would do?

She scowls at me

I look down.

“Ya, who do you think you are to marry my son?” She barked

She’s a great actor, alright.

“If I do remember, it was your son who asked me to marry him.” Obviously

“I know that, stupid. Why would you agree? Oh wait, I know. It’s any girl’s dream to marry my son. But why did he pick you?” She eyed me up and down

Well, that hurt.

“Why did I agree? South Korea isn’t communist right? No one can tell me what to do.  I love your son, more than I’ll ever fear you.” (A/N Sorry A:TLA~)

“So you admit that you’re scared of me?” She grinned

“Yes, yes I do. But I can face you, so it’s no big deal.”

She let out a sarcastic laugh. “You’re funny, Jessica. But you know, it’s wrong for me to beat around the bush.”

I kept my best poker face on because I was so freaking confused right now.

“You don’t deserve to be with my son. First off, because you’re not even Asian. Your culture is a very bad influence on my boy. And, You wouldn’t want to run Minho’s reputation in the media, would you? So you guys should get a divorce immediately.”

Oh God, this woman really isn’t getting it is she?

“Like I said earlier, no one could force me to do anything.”

“Not even if it involves money?”

So this is what it’s all about.

“Excuse me?”

“I know what you’re doing, Jessica. You’re a gold digger.”

Hell, she is pissing me off big time.

“Just stay away from him, ara? He’s getting married to Yuri.”

Wha-

The door suddenly slammed open.

“Umma! We only found green tea, is that okay?” Minho asked shuffling through his grocery bag.

My wonderful mother-in-law thought I was so gorgeous that she kept my eyes on me but answered him.

“It’s okay, Minho. I think you guys should get going now. It’s late.”

I looked down on my watch. 7:34. Already?

I bowed and hugged my in-laws. I hugged mother and whispered in her ear.

“You can’t stop me from being with your son. And no amount of money is going to change that”

I loved the irritated look she had on her face

Lastly,,I turned to Sulli thinking if I should-

“No thanks” She spat out

I didn’t even want to.

Minho and I walked out the house with our hands intertwining.

“So how was my mom?” He asked curiously

I slightly grinned.

“She was lovely.”