Chapter 2 A change for life

Chapter 2

It had been a week since the will was read and everything had changed, I was spending my days with James and Andrew came to help me as much as he could with all the football practices he had for the oncoming season since school started in just a week, I was going to start my senior year and he was in college. I was really stressed out with school since I had a baby to take care of, but I had a nanny, the same one that my sister had used, so I knew that he would be in good hands. I had just put James back in his room for his nap when Andrew walked in the house. «Kay? Where are you?» He asked but not too loud knowing it was James nap time. I answered «I’m in the living room» A couple of seconds later he came in the room in all his godly presence. He was smiling sightly, but we were both still a little out of it even though we got pass the point of crying all the time, we just weren’t back to our happy selves yet. «So do you want to watch a movie or something with me tonight after James goes to sleep, I think we both need a break.» I nodded and his smile got a bit bigger. «I’ll cook you supper though» I said already thinking of what I would make for him. He nodded laughing a bit. We both knew it wasn’t a date but I hoped that it would be perfect since he was going to be a lot more in my life now. 

Andrew’s POV

As she answered to my offer, I could tell that she was happy of the escape it would provide her, one night that would be as if she was a normal 17 years old. I loved how her eyes sparkled and the fact that she will be cooking showed how grateful she was. I couldn’t wait for the night. It was great to see her like this for a second she looked like the girl from the wedding who was smiling at everyone and danced with everyone that asked her to, the girl I had crushed on but didn’t do anything. I was a player, I couldn’t crush on anyone it just wasn’t right. 

The day passed slowly and I had just put James to sleep while she was cooking her famous chicken in a cheese sauce or at least that’s what she called it. I went back downstairs and I smelled an heavenly smell. I stopped walking in the entrance of the kitchen and just watched her while she cooked what looked like a great meal. 

We spoke all through dinner and she was really fun to hang out with. I learnt tons of stuff about her like how she played soccer at her old school on the boy’s team since there wasn’t one for girls and how she never really got that many girl friends since she thought that girls were usually a bit too bitchy for her and she had the weirdest thoughts sometimes, i just loved it. 

Kayla’s POV

 The night had been going great so far, and at moments I even forgot about all the pain I was feeling every other minute. We were now sitting on the couch watching a movie, it was a suspense and I couldn’t help myself at some part where I just gasped or jumped a little which Andrew seemed to find hilarious since I had after all my head on his lap in a totally none romantic way. When it was done we both went back to our bedrooms which he wouldn’t be staying at much longer since he lived at college in a dorm. He would only stay at the house on weekends when he didn’t have games so it meant that I would see him a lot less once school started and it sucked because he was such a nice friend to have. I fell asleep wondering about how my new school would be. 

---

I was eating a giant sundae when someone shook me bringing me out of my fabulous dreams of ice cream and lovely calories. «My sundae!! I want it back!!» I said a bit too loud causing Drew to look at me weirdly. 

Andrew’s POV

«My sundae!! I want it back!!» Kay said while I was shaking her to wake her, her eyes fluttered opened and she was glaring at me like I had just killed her cat. I swear that girl was so random at times. «I’ll get you a sundae at the mall okay? You didn’t forget about our little shopping trip now did you?» I asked her frowning slightly. She jumped out of bed and hugged me. She was wearing short boxer shorts that showed her nice toned legs and a tank top that showed how slim she was. She looked great. I looked back up to her deep brown eyes and saw her looking at me weirdly. Oops... I guess she had seen me checking her out, but seriously, who wouldn’t? I took her hand in mine without another word and brought her downstairs with me to eat breakfast, James was already awake and outside on a stroll with his nanny. 

---

A couple of hours, eight stores and two sundaes later we were sitting down at the food court in the mall just enjoying the rest from all that shopping. I had helped her choose new outfits and I had even convinced her to buy a couple outfits to party even though she told me that she couldn’t go out since she had to take care of James, but I swore to myself that she would have lots of fun for her senior year even with James. 

Kayla’s POV

We were finally home, thank god!! I didn’t think that I could take much more shopping with Drew, all day he had forced me to try outfits after outfits and they weren’t my usual t-shirt and jeans, there was dresses, skirts, basically everything I never wore but that I would have plenty of now. He bought some stuff for him too, basically polos and nice dress shirts. He wasn’t the kind of guy to not be looking hot all the time, he just had to show off his good looks. He had juts dropped me off at home and was now on his way to his football practice which meant that he was staying at his parents house tonight since it was closer than the house. I played a bit with James and as soon as I put him to sleep I went back to my room to get my well deserved rest. 

-----

It was my first day of school and I was freaking out, I didn’t know what to wear it was just so stressful, I am not good at all with change in fact I totally hate it. I screamed as hands got on my shoulders. «Chill Kay, its gonna be fine stop worrying about it.» Drew said making me relax a bit. An hour and two outfits later I was in the car with him in front of my new school. I got out of the car and he smiled reassuringly willing me to go inside, I smiled back and waved and turn toward the school. It was so big, it was three times bigger at least than my old school and I thought that my school was big, well compared to this school it was nothing. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath getting ready for my first day at my new school. 

I am really sorry if there’s mistake just tell me when you find one and I’ll correct it, I’m not that good in english and that’s why I might make tons of mistakes. :) Hope you liked this chapter and I’ll update in teh next few days!!