Chapter 2

CHRISTAL POV- AFTER SCHOOL

"Christal you ok?" My best friend Kennedy said.

"All day you've been quite and you've barely said 2 words to me... And we have all the same classes together.

"I don't know I just haven't been feeling good today" I said closing my locker, I haven't told Kennedy.

"Well you could have said that" Kennedy said rolling her eyes.

"Must be that time again" she said referring to my period, I looked at her a little crazy.

"No that's not it I just have a lot on my mind, tons of stuff going on" I lied, I really wanted to tell her that I was pregnant. I just couldn't gather my words to come out, I needed some time to think about everything.

"You look stressed do you wanna talk about it?" She said concerned.

" No no its ok I'll be fine, listen I need to go talk to Derek real quick then head to the shop I'll text you later" I said closing my locker, she looked at me like she knew I had something heavy on my mind but she couldn't figure out what it was. I hurried up and walked out to the football field where Derek was, he dressed in his football gear. I gave him a hug and we walked to the benches and sat down, he looked at me worried.

"Baby you ok? You haven't said anything to me since we were in the car. I know we haven't been talking a lot since we've been on break and I've been focusing on sports lately-"

"Bae I'm fine, I understand how important sports is to you and you know I support you I just been having a lot on my mind lately" I explained, was it that noticeable that I was deep in thoughts? I thought to myself.

"So what's going on?" He asked and I sort of froze up, now is not the time or place to tell him I'm pregnant.

"Riley! Get out there practice has started!" Coach Johnson yelled calling for Derek.

"We'll talk later" he said getting up, I nodded my head and left the field. I had to go to my mom's shop so I decided to stop and grab some lunch for us since I was a little hungry and I knew my mom was on her feet all day. I stopped at the barbeque joint a few stores down from my mom's shop and got a 2 chicken Philly's with fries. I soon arrived at my mom's shop, she looked glad to see me, I know she only wanted her food and a quick break.

"Hey C" All of her customers had said.

"Hey ya'll I'll be out in a minute just give me a sec" I said going to the back and sitting my stuff s down, I walked back to the front and handed my mom her container of food.

"Thanks baby" she said with a huge smile.

"No problem ma, what do I gotta do?"

"Well Sarah can use some help booking the appointments for the rest of this week and when your done with that you can clean up the back for me" She said sitting down at the desk, I nodded and got straight to it.

"Hey Sarah" I said sitting down beside her and logging in on the computer, Sarah was mixed with a darker skin completion kinda like Chilli from TLC with a light brown hair. She was 19 and just started working here as my mom's assistant and the desk lady, she's been here for about 5 months.

"Hey C, Wassup with you today you look kinda tired" She said glancing up from the appointment book, I was a little worn out from today.

"I'm fine, school was just so boring today" I lied, what's been on my mind is this pregnancy and telling Derek.

"Don't you have finals coming up?"

"Yeah, I'll be up late tonight I gotta study" I said rubbing my temple and then going over my mom's schedule she planned for the whole month, her entire schedule was off and needed to be done over.