Amy's Adventure

Chapter 1: It's My Birthday...!

[3rd person...]

Amy sat silently on her living room couch, staring into the abyss of night, thinking about her daily duties. Her daily routine would have consisted of shopping and chasing Sonic, but it was bitter cold and Amy didn't have the heart to endure it. Not today, anyway. She was feeling rather blue. Very blue.

She sighed and picked up a picture from the end table by the couch. In it was herself, Tails, Knuckles, and her blue hero, Sonic the hedgehog. There was a black blur in the background, but Amy still couldn't put her finger on what or who it was. With a deep exasperated sigh, she replaced the photo with the others back on the end table. Her eyes drifted to the window, watching the falling leaves and began to day dream about Sonic. She always did that.

But in her mind, of course, she and Sonic were a happy couple.

They frolicked through open meadows together. Sonic, speeding to greet her and capturing her lips in a warm kiss. A loud knock at the door brought Amy back to reality.

"Who is it?" Amy asked. "Rouge!" a voice answered. Amy gasped and her entire face lit up. "Oh, just one minute!" she said dashing to the door. She quickly unlocked and opened the door and swung it open fully. "Hey, Ames!" Rouge walked carefully in, her arms full of shopping bags. "How are you, doll? Didn't dig the shopping in the cold, huh?"

Amy closed the door as she stared at Rouge. "What is all this?" she asked picking up a pink bag. Rouge took her sweater off and folded it in her arms. "Just some gifts and such for my favorite teenage hedgehog!" she explained. Amy blushed. "You remembered my birthday," she mumbled. "Well, of course!" Rouge said. "But it's pretty cold out there to be September. Maybe your birthday was meant to be cold?"

Amy didn't answer.

'My birthday is today.'

"Amy?"

'Rouge remembered when I forgot.'

"Amy!"

Amy looked up. She didn't look very pleased, though. "Are you okay, doll?" Rouge asked, setting her sweater on Amy's couch. "You zoned out for a bit." Amy made a worried sound and looked away. "You remembered," she mumbled again. Rouge smiled, realizing what was bothering Amy.

"Doll, you don't think your friends FORGOT your birthday did you?" Amy looked at her with a light blush. "Yeah, actually I did." Rouge grinned. "Well, come with me, little lady." Amy grabbed her jacket and followed Rouge out of her apartment and helped her with the abundance of presents.

"Where are we going?" Amy asked looking around the bags in her arms. "Somewhere," Rouge answered mischievously. Amy sighed, seeing she wouldn't get a straight answer from the female bat. They got into Amy's red convertible and drove away. Amy stared at the immense pale moon, hovering majestically in the starlit sky. Her thoughts wandered to the incident on ARK a few weeks ago and one black blur.