Chapter One

Thank you very much to Kelly_kelly for the awesome book cover!

Chapter One

I awoke again from the vivid nightmare that had been reoccuring for the past two years on and off. I shakily arose from my bed and walked to the bathroom.

“What is wrong with me?” I asked my own reflection in the mirror.

I sighed and decided to have a shower even though it was only 6 in the morning, a time I would definitely not be awake in under normal circumstances.

As the hot water poured over my head I thought back to the dream.

It always started in the same place, a manor of somesort. It was as if I had just awoken from unconciousness, only to find myself chained to a wall, my arms held above me.

“So I see that you have awoken” I looked up to see a man of around fifty with white blonde hair, smirking at me, sitting in a chair not far from me. It was then that I noticed the contents of the room, or more befitting would be the word 'dungeon'. I shivered as I looked over at the man, knowing fully well that he wanted to harm me.

“Why am I here?” I asked quietly, trying not to betray the fear I felt.

“You know why you are here, Rose” The man spat my name as if it disgusted him to even say it, “How dare you try to fraternize with my only son!” He stood up, angrily, “You, a filthy mudblood, are not allowed anywhere near my son” He neared me and traced my cheek and jawline with a piece of wood which I identified as a wand.

“I love your son, Mr Malfoy, and nothing can change that” I said in a braver voice than what  I believed I could have mustered in such circumstances.

“You are not allowed to love my son, filthy mudblood!” He yelled before a green light erupted from the tip of his wand and hit me with the most unbearable pain I had ever experienced in my life, drawing a blood-curling scream from my mouth.

This is where I awoke from my dream, sweating, and the renmants of the terror I felt still in effect. Why did I keep having this dream? I thought of where this dream could be coming from as I washed my long black hair.

I was 19 years old and lived by myself in Sapporo, Japan. I had sea blue eyes, long straight black hair and a rather slim body. I was living in Japan as an exchange student to learn Japanese, as it was my major back home in New Zealand. I had arrived in Sapporo one month ago and was supposed to stay there for one year before returning home.

I was an ordinary girl having grown up in a small town in New Zealand before moving to Auckland at the age of 17 while my parents moved to Australia. I had no brothers or sisters and grew up a bit closed off from everyone else, enjoying the company of my books rather than friends.

Today was a Saturday so I planned on going to a nearby cafe and doing homework. It was only 7am by the time I was ready to leave, but I didn't mind. In Japan you can stay at cafe's for a whole day with only one drink and it would be fine so I decided to go early, tightening my scarf  around my neck.

I had been in the cafe for about two hours when I glanced up to find another foreigner in the shop and he seemed to be watching me. The guy was a tall black boy with high cheekbones and long, slanting eyes. He quickly looked away as I glanced up, but as I watched him out of the corner of my eye, I noticed that he was watching me again.

'What is with this guy?' I thought to myself as I took a sip of my now cold hot chocolate. It was about another hour of staring at me before he finally walked over to me, standing above me and looking down he asked me,

“What are you studying?”

“Japanese” I replied simply before turning my attention back to my textbook. The man sat down across from me,

“Are you studying Japanese?” Did I not just say that?

“Yes. I am an exchange student. I'm sorry, but who are you?”

“Oh sorry, I am Blaise Zabini and what was your name?”

“Rose Gibbons” I saw a flare of excitement pass his features before he quickly masked it again. The man settled himself down into the seat opposite me and we ended up spending the next two hours talking about anything and everything and I found him to be very interesting.

“Do you live near here?” Blaise asked me. I nodded,

“I live about two minutes from here. How about you?”

“Oh it's a bit further. Actually it's about time for lunch, do you want to eat with me?”

“Sure! There's no decent places around here so what if you just come over to mine and I'll cook you something” I thought I saw a flicker of triumph, but as soon as I recognised it, it was gone. Had I just imagined it?

“Yeah, let's go. The staff are looking at us a bit funny” I grinned as I packed my books back into my bag,

“Never seen such beautiful people I am guessing” I joked as we made our way out the door. I led him across the parking lot and over the road, trying not to fall over on the snow. I walked up the stairs to my apartment and held the door open for him,

“So here is my place, it's a bit small, hope you don't mind”

“More reason to get closer to you” Blaise joked but I couldn't help myself from blushing, he was such a charmer.

We had just gotten inside the door when suddenly Blaise grabbed both my arms,

“I'm sorry, Rose, please forgive me” He said and then suddenly my vision went black and I felt as if I was being squeezed through a rubber tube. When we stopped I swayed and would have fallen if Blaise had not been holding me.

“Draco, I have her” I turned to see a guy who had platinum blonde hair and grey eyes. Those eyes, I knew those eyes. I felt a sharp pain in my head and suddenly everything went black.

A/N: Hope you enjoyed the first chapter. Please vote and comment :)