Chapter 6: Halloween Fears

Halloween is this Wednesday Night, and I am really excited.  Dan and I have been seeing each other and hanging out regularly for most of these past two months of school.  We haven’t told anybody yet, but my brothers both know.

Dan, Kean, Rowan, and I are all going to go trick or treating together.  This might sound juvenile, but it is mainly so that Kean and Rowan can harass Dan and tease him and me.

Dan is going to dress as a wolf man, which sounded interesting when he described what his costume is going to look like.  Kean and Rowan are going as Things One and Two.  This was inspired by my nicknames for them.  And last but not least, I am going Banshee, one of the few ginger superheroes in the marvel universe.

                                ҉                                                                                           ҉

“So why haven’t you told mam yet?”  Kean turns around and walks backwards to ask me, he is walking next to Rowan and the only reason I can recognize him is because he is Thing Two.  And they are walking in front of Dan and I.

I know exactly what he means, but I still pretend to not know what he is talking about.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I say.

“Yes you do.” Rowan says over his shoulder.

“What are they talking about?”  Dan says next to me.  Now I can describe his costume, because it has come up naturally in the flow of events.  He has sideburns, and his forehead looks a little odd.  He has really long pointy nails, that I guess are actually supposed to be claws.  And other than his face, which has sideburns but no other unusual hair, his body is covered in fur.  All in all, I would definitely give his costume an eight out of ten.

Simon?                                         

I think that he seems to have put a lot of effort into the appearance, but his actions do not seem to correspond to his costume.  I am going to have to give it a five, and that is generous.

Britney?

I really like it!  It is so realistic! I have to give you a nine!

“We are wondering why Flynn hasn’t told mam that he is gay yet.”  They say in unison.  Well I guess that you can interrupt the television show in my head!

It was time to cut to commercial anyway.

“Why haven’t you?”  Dan asks me.

Awe shit nigga!

“Why haven’t you?”  I counter.

“Because Uncle Zibiri already did.”  Dan says as he rubs the back of his neck with his right hand.

“What?”  I ask.  That isn’t quite how it works.  You’re supposed to tell your parental units.  It is a rite of passage.  From what I understand, it takes this huge weight of your chest.

“Yeah, it’s kinda hard to explain, but they’ve actually known since the day after that night when you meet Zibiri.”  Dan says.

“YOUR PARENTS HAVE KNOWN ALL THIS TIME!?”  I stop to ask him.  The twins walk up the walkway towards a house, leaving us, “Do they know that you and I are…?”

“Yeah, they’d have to be pretty clueless not to know.  I talk about you a lo-” He stops talking because he realizes that he is about to say something embarrassing.  He then starts to examine the Autumn Embers that the house has planted along the sidewalk.