Chapter 1

A/N: I had trouble writing this. I started it over a couple of times, but it just didn't feel right and was hard to write. So then I tried writing it in third POV and it worked. I had fun writing it and I hope that you guys like it.

Please Enjoy!

(Kaye)

Tonight is a chilly summer night. It's dark and only the moon lights up the nature. The stars shine beautifully up in the sky and you can occasionally see a shooting star.

16 years old boy Kaye however isn't asleep in his warm bed nor is he enjoying the night view. He's looking outside of the window, waiting for a person to appear from the shadows.

He's alone at home and he has no idea where his brother is. Kaye is feeling a little worried for his brother and isn't able to sleep. That's why he's sitting at the table and looking outside of the window. He's looking into the darkness and the small forest that is before him.

The trees make a loud noise as the hard wind blows. Kaye is starting to get more and more worried over his brother. It's already four in the morning and he's still not back. Kaye starts to bite his bottom lip.

Deep in his mind he knows that his brother is alright. Jay is a strong and healthy 22 years old young man. He's also a gang member and he always has them as his backup. Kaye doesn't like the fact that Jay is a part of the gang, but he knows that there's nothing else for him to make a living.

Kaye and Jay are brothers who are poor. Their father died a long time ago and their mother left them when they were still young. Later they found out that their mother had died of drug overdose. For as long as Kaye remembers, Jay has taken care of him. He made him food, washed his clothes, dressed him, cut his hair for him, bathed him, played with him, made him feel warm during the cold nights by holding tight onto him, and more importantly- made him feel alive and loved.

Jay often comes home late in the evening. However, he never stays the night out, because he know that his baby brother would go crazy of worry. He might even run out into woods to search for him. Even thought even Kaye himself know that Jay wouldn't be in the woods, it's still the first place he would go looking for him. It just feels natural. Natural, but scary.

Even now Kaye is thinking of running into the woods to look for him. He's nervous and biting his fingernails. His brother doesn't like his habit about biting his fingernails when he's nervous. Kaye has tried to stop it, but sometimes he doesn't even notice doing that.

Kaye is intimately staring out of the window and spots shadows coming this way. His heart beats faster and he has even stopped biting his fingernails. As the shadows come closer, he notices that the shadows are actually humans. There's three or maybe four of them.

His heart beats faster and faster, until they are close enough that he identify his brother. He lets out breath that he has been holding in and goes to the door. He opens the door and is smiling happily at his brother who's finally back.

"Jay! Where have you been? I have been waiting for you all night." Kaye didn't step out of the house. He shouldn't have even opened the door.

"Kaye, what have I told you about opening the door to strangers." Jay scolded his little brother patiently in gentle voice. Jay might work in a rough environment, but never has he raised his voice to his brother. He has always treated Kaye tenderly, like a weak kitten.

"But it's you." Kaye defends his action. He doesn't like it when Jay scolds him. He loves his older brother very much and he doesn't want to disappoint him.