Shadows

Fallen Angels: Supernatural

Book 1

Chapter 2: Shadows

It's being a week now since the move. Everything seems calm but the heavy energy that I feel is still here. The weird activity has decreased.

I lie in my bed making a list of the stuff I have for school and making sure nothing is missing. Tomorrow, Beatrice and I start school officially. It's difficult making new friends at this state of our lives. Moving away from all of our friends and expecting to make new ones as a teenager.

Nightfall starts setting down. I grab my pajamas and head for the bathroom. Thunder rumbles outside, and gray clouds cover the sky. I take a quick shower, putting my dark hair in a high ponytail. I dress in my monkey pajama pants and blue tank top. After brushing my teeth I head back to my room.

It's colder than it was when I left. Dad doesn't always turn down the heat when it's about to rain outside.

I put my clothes in my dirty pile, then climbing on top of my bed feeling the heat of the air vent with my hand. It's normal.

Behind me, I hear something move. I turn around, looking at my surroundings. My snow globe, with a picture of me and Beatrice when we were little inside, on top of my dresser was moved from the left to the middle.

"Beatrice? Is that you?" I ask. "Stop it." I jump off my bed into the carpeted floor, making my way to the closet door and opening wide, hoping to see a laughing Beatrice inside. Instead, I find nothing but my clothes and other belongings. I check under my bed but nothing either.

I walk back to my dresser and slide my snow globe back into it's place. Suddenly, it goes shooting off the dresser and shattering into the floor. I stare at in awed.

"MOM!" I scream and run downstairs into the kitchen. She stands talking on her cellphone.

"MOM!" I scream.

"What's wrong?" She asks.

"My snow globe--! I didn't touch it-- it-- it moved by itself. I swear-- it shattered to the floor-- I didn't do it!" I stutter out in tears.

"What's happening?" the lady in the phone asks.

"Her snow globe broke." Mom answers.

"Mom! Come on, look!" I say grabbing her arm and dragging her upstairs. When we walk into my room it looks like a tornado disaster.

"Alex!" My mom shouts. "What have you done to your room?!"

"I didn't do this! I went to get you and now--"

"I'll have to call you back." Mom says into the phone and hangs up.

"I swear I didn't, mom!" I say. The drawers of my dresser are fully open, all the clothes in my closet have being taken away from their hanger and thrown all over the room, my TV and paintings hang sideways, the sheets of my beds where pulled out and lie in a pile on the floor, my dirty clothes are all over the place and all my books and movies are thrown everywhere.

"You clean this up, right now!" Mom shouts.

"But I didn't do it!" I say. "It was all cleaned up, I swear, I didn't do this! I just wanted to show you-- the snow globe!" Beatrice walks inside staring around in concern. And half fear in her eyes.

"What happened in here?" Beatrice asks.

"Your sister just turn her room into a crime scene." Mom says.

"I didn't do it!"

"Then who did?" Mom asks harshly.

"I-- I don't know but it wasn't me!"