Chapter 15

We hid in the warehouse, waiting for Lobo and his crew to show up.

"...three keys, already cut and bagged." Lobo spoke. Laroy pulled out his phone.

"They're a few minutes away." Laroy lied.

The first shots rang out and the war was on. I shot my handgun next to Jax, behind an old car part, hoping to god I wouldn't be hit. Just then, Lobo's men shot a grenade launcher our way. Jax grabbed my hand and pulled me away with him. We ducked behind a car and waited for the grenades to stop.

The gunfire ceased and we carefully ran after them. The hole in the wall was fresh and we heard the vans split.

"Goddammit!" Jax boomed. He grabbed an iron shelf and pulled it down, making a loud noise. "What the hell was that?!"

"Guess you thought that the threat wasn't that big, huh?" Clay asked. Luis looked back at, out of breath and walked back towards the Niners.

"Line 'em up." Luis told his men. "Hurry!"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa." Laroy grumbled as Luis' men held up their guns.

"What're you doing?" I yelled.

"Sending a message." Luis muttered.

"Clay!" Said Laroy. "You can't let them do this. I did what you asked!" Clay stood there with no emotion.

"Clay." Jax started. Luis looked at Clay and made his way over to him. "You can't do this." Jax stopped Luis.

"This is not your business." Luis spat.

"It's all our business! This isn't Mexico. We're not kings here man. We gotta work with other crews." Jax began. "You start gunning people down, no one is gonna trust us. You wanna move your product, we need relationships."

"Not this relationship." Luis pointed at the Niners.

"Laroy made a bad choice. Better message is that he changed his mind...decided to roll with Galindo. You kill this guy, you kill everything." Jax reasoned.

"One more bad choice and I'm gonna wipe 19th street from the map." Luis spat.

"Get 'em up." I ordered. Bobby came over with me and helped the Niners up off of the ground.

"Thanks." Laroy said to Jax, then me.

*****

I got out of the shower and wrapped a white towel around my chest. My deep drown hair cascaded in stringy, wet tendrils with a little curl to them. I wiped the foggy mirror and looked at the reflection.

Me. Alex Winston. The infamous Daughter of Anarchy; even though I never liked that title, it's what I've been called by the citizens of Charming.

My scar on my shoulder was showing. I sighed as I looked at it. It went from my collarbone, to the middle of my back. I huffed as I remembered the backstory.

*****

2009

"You stupid, pathetic whore." Rob spat at me. I rolled my eyes and ignored him.

"Go to bed, Rob. You're drunk, again." I muttered. Rob stood there.

"No I'm not." He slurred. I scoffed.

"I'll believe that when there's not 24 beer cans in the kitchen." Rob's eyes narrowed.

"You got somethin' to tell me?" His stance changed and he walked closer to me.

"I'm telling you that you're drunk." I spat. I stood up quickly and walked upstairs to the bedroom.

"You're not going to the clubhouse." He ordered. I laughed.

"Watch me." I winked. I grabbed the duffle bag and packed some clothes. I zipped it and swung it over my shoulder.

"Fine. Go be a slut for your biker friends." He rolled his eyes. I stopped in my tracks and looked at him.

I slapped him hard in the face. But he wasn't going to take it. He licked his lips and pushed me to the floor. His body kept me pinned to the floor as I felt him rummaging through his pocket. I heard his switchblade open and he played with it on my skin.

"Think again." He whispered in my ear. I felt this searing pain go from my collarbone, around my shoulder, and down my back until the middle of my spine. The warm blood seeped out and I clenched my jaw, trying not to scream.

Rob's weight lifted off of me and he coughed.

"I'll be back later." He walked down the stairs and I heard the door shut. I knew there was only one person to call.

"Yeah?" Jax answered. I breathed out heavily.

"Jax..." I breathed in, trying to stay conscious. "I need you...here." I sighed.

"Alex, w-what's goin on?" His voice was scared.

"Please." My eyes got heavy and the blackness of unconsciousness started to fill my brain.

"Alex?"

*****

"Tara called. She wants me to drive up north to see the boys. Tomorrow." Jax's arms wrapped around my stomach from behind.

"Is it just a day trip?" I asked.

"Yeah. I was thinking, you and I both need to get out of here for awhile." I stopped thinking and looked up at Jax.

"You want me to go with?" Jax nodded while smiling.

"I feel like I could use your company. Plus, you're great with the boys." He winked. I smiled.

"Okay." I nodded and bit my lip.

"What?" He asked.

"Oh, just this goddamn scar." I sighed as I looked at it in the mirror. Jax leant down and kissed it.

"Rob is nothing but a long-gone memory." He whispered against it.

"But he left this."

"Think of it as a battle wound. You put up a fight and survived." Jax kissed my neck, then my cheek, then finally on the lips.

Jax took off the towel on my body and picked me up. I laughed as he rushed over to the bedroom and quickly closed the door.