Chapter 12

After surviving what Kwanghee had considered as The Face-Off, Dara resumed work the next morning feeling powerful and so witty of having to keep her cool despite what happened at that dinner. Yes, she is now definite she can do this. A piece of cake. After calling for a schedule with Donghae's secretary for the interview, she was set up for 3 o'clock including taking photos of him and a 10 o'clock photo shoot of the mall the next day. Kwanghee was right. She would only get to see him twice. The assistant told her Donghae had his schedule packed and she can only squeeze in at least an hour for the magazine. Then he would fly back off to Korea after 4 days. Dara told her she understands while she bunched up her fist in the air. The assistant doesn't have any idea how much this relieves her. The quicker this gets over with, the better.

The only problem she encountered that day was the photographer. She can't find one who is actually free at 3, so she decided to take it upon herself to take pictures of Donghae, the idiot. She's not a good photographer so they just got to make do with photoshop.

She swiveled her chair from side to side as she called Becky to find out how Haru was. He was still asleep when she left that morning. His energetic voice made her smile as he speak his own launguage on the phone.

"Yes, baby," Dara said chuckling as she only understood Mama from his string of words.

A knock on her office door made her turn and her secretary's head popped in. "Ms. Dara?"

"Yes?"

"Mr. Lee Donghae is here asking for you."

Dara's mind went blank for a second before getting back on the phone. "I'll—I'll see you later baby. Becky? Becky, don't give him any toys unless he eats his lunch, okay?" She hung up feeling a small panic rising up. Calm down for fuck's sake! What are the odds that Donghae would suddenly drop by just as she was speaking to Haru? Dammit. This is making her nervous even though she's definite Donghae wouldn't know. She cleared her throat before nodding her assent to her secretary. She stood up then sat down. Then stood up again. Where should she be to welcome an unexpected visitor? She decided to just stand up by her table as she waited for Donghae to come in.

He strode in wearing a white polo shirt with its sleeves rolled up on his arms and his black pants hanging low on his hips and Dara could feel her heart running into overdrive. Ah dammit. Is there anyway her heart can stop doing this?!

Listen here you little piece of useless shit, she berated her heart as his eyes met hers. He already hurt you. He stomped you into pieces for god's sake and you still have the nerve to beat for him? Dumb ass!

Last night, she didn't notice the changes in him as she was too busy with her own mind. Now, in the light of the morning, she can see that he's gotten more lean, he had his hair shorter and his face which she is so used to seeing with a humorous smile and sometimes childish expression is now unsmiling and serious.

He smirked at her silent scrutiny. "Satisfied?"

Dara didn't realize she was already staring at him and she smiled to cover her embarrasment. "No, not really. Your pants doesn't really go well with your shirt, that's all."

Donghae tilted his head slightly as he asked lazily, "Want me to take it off?"

Dara felt her smile tightened. "No, I would prefer you telling me what you're doing here." She checked her watch and saw it was only 11. It's better to dispense pretense of courtesy. "From what I remembered, I was scheduled 3 o'clock for my interview. Do you happen to have free time that you wanted it moved to an earlier schedule?"