holly & the street racer

Prologue

"Time to unpack Holly. Remember we have our "first-night-in-a-new-house-dinner" in the living room tonight." My mom said standing in the doorway of my new room. This was our fourth move and every night after we moved in we had Chinese takeout sitting on the floor of the living room while we discussed what we thought this new town would be like, but usually the conversation turned to one direction. It was kind of like our own tradition.

"Okay thank you mom. Actually i'm almost done unpacking." I motioned to the bed that had a floral comforter and pillows with navy cases already made. And then to my open closet that was already filled with my clothes ranging in different faded band tee's to various jean jackets with an abundance of patches ironed on, to my collection of worn out vans

  My mom clasped her hands together, smiling widely. "Of course you are. I knew you'd be done quickly. Unlike Ryan. I keep having to remind him that mind craft will be waiting for him after the boxes." She said leaving the room.

I had two boxes left to unpack. One was of pictures and scrap books my friends made me before I left. Another held my school supplies since I was starting almost the middle of the first semester--I started with that box.

I struggled a little lifting that box up and into my desk that was actually an antique library table and started pulling out all the white notebooks and binders. I always get white because I end up drawing on them anyway so why not make it easier to see my doodles?

    Just as I was about to pack my school supplies into my book bag I heard a loud roaring sound of a car engine.

"What the hell? Ugh I thought this was supposed to be a quiet neighborhood?" I said to myself.
_____________________________

I was about to just publish this unfinished but then I didn't want to, but I did anyway