What NOT to Write: Harry Potter

Hello! I'm reader4ever and I will show you what not to write for a Harry Potter fanfic. I am making the needed sacrifice to help people write Harry Potter fanfics!

1) Do NOT write about Harry's unknown sister, Hayley Potter. An example of what NOT to do:

Hi! My name is Hayley Potter! I'm the unknown sister of Harry Potter. Let me tell you about myself: I have gorgeous black hair and emerald green eyes! I have full luscious cherry red lips! I have wonderful curves and a small nose! Did I mention I have circle glasses like Harry and they don't ruin my beauty! All the guys fall for me except Harry because that would have been disgusting! I am in Griffindor/Slytherin! Professor Snape hates me and Draco Malfoy loves me! I could have made out with dozens of guys but I'm not that type of girl so I don't! I fall in love with Draco Malfoy but Harry doesn't like it! And in the end I either die for Draco or end up saving the world with my ultra-unique awesome powers that no one else has and then end up making out with Draco!

Don't do that. that is number one on the list of "Do NOT Do."  I mean seriously. This is like author error numbero UNO! WHY WHOULD YOU DO THIS?! Now let me expand:

"Draco! Don't do it! He wants to kill you! Let me save you with my unique powers that no one else has!" I cried with my voice full of emotion and love, not bragging because I'm better than that!

"I must, Hayley! If I don't then he will kill you!" Draco yelled back looking so desperate and loving.

"I will save you or I will die for you!" I cried back pulling out my wand.

"You give me no option but to let you," Draco looked miserable but still loving!

"Okay!" I waved my wand around thinking about Voldemort dying and never troubling again, my gift is to make up spells in my head. Ridioloseac! I mumbled the word and then Voldemort died and everything was safe. Draco had his muscular arms around me kissing me passionately. My first kiss! OMG!

That was terrible. Don't that! That is called terrible writing! But it was funny to write. You better not be doing this for real! Humor, sure, but other that that, no. Now here's more:

I looked around hoping to see someone pass through the wall and spotted a patch of platinum blond hair and a gorgeous face with it. He looked slightly snobby but gorgeous nonetheless! He walked through the wall. OH! I ran in after them hoping to get a peek of the boy once more. I ran gracefully throught the barrier as if it wasn't there. I did not see him. Wait! There he was! Looking at me! I got on the train feeling free from the horrible orphanage I went to. I was always weird. Like when that mean girl, Tiffany was mean, I imagined her pimply and then she became pimply! And when Bobby lied and got me in trouble, I remembered the rhyme, Liar, liar, pants on fire, and then his pants were on fire! I found an empty compartment and sat down. Soon another boy with the exact hair color came in! He sat down. His eyes were also emerald green! OMG! He looked at me confused and said,"Do I know you?"

"I'm Hayley Potter!" I reached out my hand.He shook it and said,"I'm Harry Potter!" OMG! We are siblings! Hermione and Ron came in and we were instant friends!

 Noooooooo.....Pllleeeeaaassseeeee! SPARE THY READERS! I guess you could do this if you were seriously good (as in J.K. Rowling level) but other than that. No. Nada. Zip. I mean c'mon! Not only is this challenging the writer, this is often commiting mistake number one. As you zip and weave through the Harry Potter series, randomly shoving Hayley Potter in, you want make her perfect. With her new, unique powers, her beauty, and EVERYTHING. Do you know what you are doing?! YOU ARE MAKING A MARY SUE! NO! NOBODY LIKES MARY SUE! So yeah. Moral of the story: Don't try to challenge the original writer and do not make a Mary Sue. 

OoOoOoOoOOooOOooooooooOOOOO

Hey! Wassup! Check out the original story that this is a spin off of! Wanna find out who Mary Sue actually is? Check the original out! Please comment! And if you like it, vote! By all means, do it! :D