Two-Step Verification

Bianca Manalo was the first one to know among the class when a kid from the her section, Edgardo LeMar's mother died. It was in an early morning breakfast with beef tapa, eggs and fried rice that her father prepared when the news about Gardo's mother came out from her own mom. Bianca's mom said the woman had committed a "swing side". Atleast that was what she heard from her, as she hadn't encountered the word before. Although she understood that Gardo's mother was dead. At a very early age she already knew how people reacted when there was death in the family. She watched frantic women weeping for dead bodies that must have been their teenage sons or murdered husbands upclose in the daily evening news. She was free to watch it, nobody really cared as they already got used to it.

 She was free to watch it, nobody really cared as they already got used to it

She wasn't friends with Edgardo, no one really was. But she had gotten really curious on what will happen next. Will he still show up for class? Is he going to cry the entire time? She hadn't seen him cry yet, well almost in second grade but he ran away when his tears were about to fall. Something about Edgardo intrigued her, but in her youth she was yet to understand what her curiosity was about.

"Eat your rice honey"

Bianca looked at her father with a raised brow

"There's too much oil in it"

"Well. Just finish our eggs then and your milk. Carpool will be here in a minute."

"Milk's too hot still"

Bianca's dad hated it when they complained about his cooking. He tries his best but he isn't really fit to cook.

"Then just brush your teeth and get ready"

"Yes papa."

This was her fondest memory of when she was little.  When she was still so innocent and carefree. When she had no responsibilities to face yet. When she still had time for her father's beef tapa and she wasn't late for the carpool that takes them to school.

 Now that she's twenty two years old, a recently registered nurse, a university graduate, well everything's looking up for her.