P R O L O G U E - First Glance

The first time Harry Styles saw Niall Horan was like something out of a romantic film.

Their eyes briefly met, beautiful blue against glorious green. Niall had smiled at the stranger politely like he did with every other person walking around in London Square that day. Perhaps it wasn't that big of a deal, just a passing moment between two strangers.

But Harry didn't forget it.

You see, Harry was a hybrid, a released hybrid. Once he reached the age of eighteen, he was able to leave his owners. It was common knowledge that hybrids depended on owners but could live on their own if they wanted to and if they were of consenting age.

Harry left with a satchel that contained two changes of clothes and little baubles that held some meaning to him.

It'd been two days of Harry being on his own, on the hunt for a new owner, someone who he could be faithful to and love.

Harry was quite different from most hybrids. For one, he only had ears. His previous owner had ordered for his tail to be removed, finding it not aesthetically pleasing. It was the most miserable day of his life. He wasn't very independent. Most hybrids could fend for themselves and liked being alone. But Harry was the opposite. He wants affection, wants companionship and he wants to be loved.

The moment Niall's gaze had averted, Harry had felt his entire world shift. It was as if the blonde boy had brought color into his two-tone world.

So what could the homeless hybrid do but follow Niall?

He followed Niall to his first job, waiting tables at some quaint little diner. Harry watched the boy give that same beaming smile to strangers and it gave Harry this spasm of jealousy. How could the blonde give other people that special smile?

The green-eyed boy was awfully observant as well. He noticed how easily Niall laughed and the way his eyes crinkled so adorably at the edges. Could he make Niall laugh like that?

The time sped quickly as he admired the boy from afar. After a few hours, Niall headed to his next part time job with Harry following stealthily.

This time Harry was able to comfortably watch Niall. The cozy cafe club was dark and intimate with comfy couches accompanied with dark lighting. The spot was a beacon for too-cool hipsters so Harry had fit right in with his Ramones t-shirt, skinny jeans and loose hoody.

He sat in a corner with his hood up to hide his ears. The green-eyed boy scratched at the irritating collar at his throat. It was something he hid zipping up his hoodie all the way.

Harry watched as Niall got up on the small stage, guitar in hand, and hopped on the stool behind the microphone.

"'m Niall Horan and this song is a cover of Ed Sheeran." The blonde spoke briefly before he threw himself into a cover of Kiss Me.

Niall, his name is Niall. It's fitting. A unique name for such a perfect person, Harry thought fondly.

The curly-haired boy melted where he sat, waving away a girl who tried to buy him a cup of tea. As if there was anything more to love about Niall, he also had the voice of an angel. Sweet and angelic. It made you believe every word he sang.

"I've fallen for your eyes,

But they don't know me yet."

It was like Niall was singing especially to him, a personal serenade. Harry could imagine cuddling up to Niall and the blonde singing him to sleep as he scratched his ears lovingly. He could see days spent lazily with Niall sharing touches and sweet whispers.

And Harry swears Niall looks in his direction when he sings 'I'm in love now'. Want builds and the hybrid can't remember wanting anything more than this blonde Irish boy with sincere eyes and beautiful voice.

This was it. Niall would be his new owner.

A/N: There’s the first taste guys. Hope you all give this a chance ‘cause I have a really good feeling about it! I’m gonna wait for your guys’ reactions before I go on and post the first chapter which will be pretty soon :)

The BEAUTIFUL cover was made by LittleUrchin so thank you so much!

Stay golden. xx