Before The Dawn (Prologue)

So I have been getting numerous messages asking if book 5 is complete... YES... YES.... YES!  I purposely left it open ended!  A lot of lingering quesitons will be answered in this book and into the possible next series that will focus around Griffin reformation of the shifters and his newly formed pack!  So I do know it seems like book 5 isn't done, but it is!  Sorry!

Stacy

Before The Dawn – Book 6- The Baynes Legacy

By: Stacy Leonhardt Gravely

© All Rights Reserved - 2011

Prologue

“Yo, Kyle, you going to do that sweep?” Blain's voice called over the radio startling Kyle from his always exciting game of Angry Birds.

“Yeah, yeah, hold your damn horses.” Kyle called into the radio perched on his shoulder.

“If I see your playing that damn game again I'll smash that fucking thing to bits. Now get off your ass before I write your ass up and call the Alpha.” Blain had become a moody old guy, Kyle thought as he turned of his MP3 player and shoved it back into his pocket.

“Whatever you say old man.” Kyle laughed as he walked out of the main security building and walked a few short yards to the tree line. Over the years of shifting numerous times a day it truly becomes more of a burden to wear clothes at all, but unfortunately the pack had to keep up appearances for the local humans.

Since the shifter reform began the pack's land had welcomed a great deal more shifters to the area. Though before they rarely got along, they now found new grounds to relate more easily with the werewolves.

Griffin had chosen to stay in the area seeking the guidance and help from Connor Baynes, the packs Alpha and Kyle's uncle. Every day new shifters poured in seeking refuge or guidance themselves from over barring families or just sanctuary from other shifters wishing to do bodily harm.

It was usual for Kyle to find a shifter or two lingering on the outer bounds of the pack's lands, he would simply direct them to come in the way any other person may. The guards kept a detailed list of each shifter allowed on the land, and when Griffin and Connor thought the time was right, they'd all leave with their new Alpha if they so chose.

Kyle had become friends with many of them, hell some had even found mates among the werewolves. Everyday a new breed of were's were being born and accepted into which ever pack of their choosing.

Those Kyle never had a preference to what his mate would be, he was certain he would be like just about everyone else and mate with a fellow wolf. But as you could of guessed by now, Kyle was the last of his family to mate.

His sisters were both mated and have bore many cubs, and Zach well he wasted no time getting Layla pregnant. Then Doyle, Ashling, and Ali, his cousin's he grew up next door with all were mated. It wasn't for a lack of wanting one, oh Kyle wanted one. Just no one “sparked” his interest yet.

Many times in the past two years he had been sent out on pack business to visit other packs to tag along as security but he knew what the deal really was. His parents, uncle, and aunt all wanted to see him happily mated and awaiting cubs.

Honestly it was exhausting waiting for that one girl to come barreling into his life, most days he doubted she was even out there. He even thought of going back to Cabo San Lucas hoping to land a mate, much like his cousin and brother did.

Life sure liked to twist violently on him, and today was no different!