Chapter One

Austerity O'Amity had deep emerald eyes and flowing blondish hair - The same color as Malik's - that she always kept down.

"Excuse me, madam," Someone called, stopping her in her tracks as she was on her way home "Would you like this necklace?" she turned to see a old man wearing a cloak holding out a silver necklace with a key charm.

"Sure?" Aussie shrugged, holding out her hand for it. The man had barely given it to her before he disappeared in a puff of smoke.

"That was weird," she decided, putting it on and entering her apartment and locking the door behind her. She placed her groceries on the counter.

"Hmm. Nice place you got here, my dear."

She whisked around, expecting to see someone. When she turned back to the counter, she was barely centimetres away from Malik's face.

"AHH!" she screamed, backing up and falling on her ass.

"That's hardly a way to greet someone who just returned from the shadow realm," Malik smirked.

"Take anything you want," she cowered "Just... Don't hurt me." Aussie had no idea what the shadow realm was but any news station from here to California could tell you who this man was. Marik Ishtar. And Egyptian Psychopath who had ways of nearly killing people by playing card games with them.

"That's better," Malik laughed, walking around the apartment "Just as a warning, my dear, YOU may be my master but, I'M the one who's really going to be in charge."

"W-what?" Aussie stuttered, confusion and fear fighting in her eyes.

"That necklace," Malik explained "It's my anchor... Keeping me out of the shadow realm. Unfortunately, I must grant it's owner three wishes in order to inhabit it... That being you."

"I don't know what game you're playing," Aussie stated, reaching up to unclip the chain around her neck "But, if you want this necklace, you could just ask for it without sneaking in my house and making up some fairy tale."

"I wouldn't do that if I were-" Malik attempted. He was interrupted by a yelp as something bit Aussie's finger "Did I mention it's made of shadow magic... And will hurt you everytime you try to take it off before you make your three wishes?"

"How do I know I can trust you?" Aussie inquired, slowly getting to her feet.

"I never said you could trust me," Malik replied, vanishing.