Blackmail

Hey guys
Once again I'm really sorry  about my absence thank you for the support and biscuits 😭❤️xxxx

Hope you enjoy!

Dun DUN DUNNNN

His Old Toy

Blackmail

[Chris' POV]
"Good Morning Max" I grinned as I walked into the teachers' lounge

He didn't respond just simply shot me a dirty look through his bangs

"Good morning Chris" my head turned in the direction of the voice

"Oh good morning Mr. Hope"

"James outside of the classroom remember?" He laughed

"Yeah" I nodded awkwardly "uhm so" I began grinning again as my attention turned back to Max "Did I get you into a lot of trouble?" 

"Yes" he lifted his head away from the papers he was marking "as a matter of fact you did. My birthday dinner ended up all over my kitchen"

"I'm really sorry to hear that" I sat down next to him on the sofa casually putting my arm around him

He noticed.

"I have to tell Erick you're here" he looked over his shoulder where my arm was draped over him

"No you don't"

"Yes I do, he forgave me this time but what about the next time?"

I leaned in closer our faces almost touching "you want there to be a next time?"

"Don't be stupid Christopher"

"You know I can't control myself when you use my full name"

He closed his eyes and sighed "if Erick finds out which he will and he doesn't hear it from me which at this rate he won't, he will kill me"

"If you tell him, he's gonna get rid of me and you will never find out what he's hiding from you"

"That's the thing Chris" he brushed his bangs out of his face so his blue eyes penetrated mine "you kept telling me last night that Erick is hiding something from me and I spent the last 3 hours trying to get it out of you! But no you proceeded to get more drunk and you passed out"

"Thanks for dropping me home" I grinned

He narrowed his eyes at me "what is Erick hiding?"

"All in good time I promise" I responded seriously "I really want to tell you now but you just have to wait a little longer, it has to be at the right time"

"When will it be the right time?"

"I don't know yet"

"Why should I trust you?"

"Because I care about you" I paused feeling embarrassed "...and I did something....unspeakable to you, the truth is the least I owe you"

Max looked down at his papers then back at me again, nodding "okay"

I grinned "really? You're going to drop it now?"

"Of course not!" He lowered his voice "I'm not an idiot, I'm telling Erick tonight!"

I laughed "no you're not"

"Really Chris what's stopping me?"

I looked behind me where Mr. Hope was making his coffee his back turned to us "if you tell Erick about my being here then I might have to tell the school board who I really am, my criminal past and how star teacher Maxwell Evans knew about it and helped me cover it up"