Chapter 55: Back 2 School

Katniss P.O.V.

I'm still smiling at the thought of yesterday night as I'm brushing my hair. I liked the way Peeta was frustrated. I love teasing him. And I think he liked the way I looked.

He insisted that I stayed home today, to rest, but I told him that I wanted to go, otherwise I would be bored. He sighed and told me to be careful.

I walk downstairs to Peeta who's waiting for me.
'There's my beauty', he says. I smile. He pulls me close and stares into my silvery grey eyes. But then he leans in to whisper something in my ear.
'I really hope that we can do that again sometime', he whispers. I know what he means. Yesterday night. I smile and blush.
'Maybe, maybe not', I say teasingly and I walk out of the door.
He comes after me and grabs my wrist.

'Not that easy', he says turning his cheek to me. I frown.
'First a kiss', he explains. I smile and lean in to press a kiss on his cheek, but just as I want to touch it, he turns his head so his lips press on mine instead of his cheek. I pull away because I have to smile.
'Jerk', I say smiling. He smiles back and pecks my cheek really quickly. Then we get into the car.

'Katniss!' I hear when I get out of the car. I look around and see Annie coming towards me along with Finnick.
'How are you?' she asks. I smile. 'Good.' She smiles in relief. 'That's great. Ready for school again?' she asks. I nod. She takes my arm and we walk into school together.

Peeta P.O.V.

Finnick walks towards me smirking.
'And, did you do it safely?' he asks. I roll my eyes. 'Asshole', I say under my breath. He just laughs.
'Come on, dude. You just got laid. Be happy!' he jokes. He sounds just like Jake...
I don't say anything, because Gale speaks up.
'Who got laid?' he asks. I didn't even know he was here. Finnick points at me.
'Peeta', he says. I give him the shut-up-glance, but he doesn't see it. Gales face changes, and without saying something else, he walks away.

I slap Finnick on the shoulder.
'Dude!' I say. He has a puzzled glance on his face for a moment, but then it hits him.
'Ohh', he says slowly. I roll my eyes. 'Nice move, Finn', I say. He shrugs.
The bell rings.
'Let's go', he says and we walk together into the school. 

In the break I see that there are posters everywhere from Delly.
Speaking about the devil...
'Vote for me for Prom Queen', she yells. I roll my eyes. Delly and attention is just like humans and oxygen. She needs it.
I'm thinking too long, because when I look up again, she stands in front of me, with not even a foot between us.
'Hey Peeta', she says. I smile friendly at her. 'Hi Delly', I say. She smiles. 'You're gonna vote for me, right?' she asks, laying her hand on my chest. I shrug. 'I don't know yet', I say. She just keeps smiling as she gives me a pamphlet. 'Now you have to', she says. I force myself to put a smile on my face.

I look around me. Where's Katniss?
'Looking for someone?' she asks. I shrug. 'Not really', I say. 'Good', Delly says. She steps closer to me. It's really uncomfortable, the distance she has. Or there is almost no distance... She keeps smiling at me. It creeps me out.
'I just really don't understand', she says frowning. 'What?' I ask. She looks at me. 'Why a guy like you would be with a girl like Katniss. Did you lose a bet or something?' she says. I roll my eyes.

'I love her', I say. She smiles at me like I'm dumb. 'Yeah, sure you do', she says sarcastically. 'You're just being nice to her. That's not love', she says as she takes another step closer to me. 'Then what is love?' I ask. She smiles. 'What's between us. That's love', she says. I frown. 'Us? There is no us, Delly', I say. She laughs. 'Oh Peeta, you're just in denial. Of course there is a us', she says. I sigh. I don't think that it will ever come to her mind that I'm not interested.