[1] The One With The Surprise Wedding Video

The One With The Surprise Wedding Video

Ten years later...

AUGUST 13

"Ladies and gentlemen, let us welcome the luckiest man in the world tonight, the groom, Andreau Cortez!"

The crowd's sudden round of applause startled Zade, who was seating right beside him. "Huh?" Andreau heard her say as she finished off her cake. "Babe, what's going on?"

Standing to his feet, Andreau swallowed nervously and replied, "Just wait for it, Zades."

"For what?" Her brows furrowed in mild irritation. "May kalokohan na naman kayo, ano?"

He looked down and gave her his most assuring smile. "Walang kalokohan 'to, promise. You'll like this one."

Clearing his throat, he forced a smile as he glanced up at the crowd. Everyone was seated around the U-shaped line of tables, watching him intently when Mars handed him the microphone. Zade's right, masarap nga sa mata ang white, silver and cobalt blue theme. His eyes focused on the random Doctor Who referenced centerpieces on the tables (fiercely eyeing the Weeping Angels statue on Barbs and Kesh's table, just in case ma-tripan nilang nakawin 'yon) as he waited for the crowd's applause to die down.

You can do this, Andreau. You've practiced this 17 times already.

Andreau tugged his brown bowtie (one of Zade's wedding gifts), feeling a bit constricted. He took a deep, somewhat shaky breath, and began.

"Good evening, everyone. Allonsy!" Zade groaned loudly behind him, making everybody laugh when she said Shit, I married the wrong Doctor! He grinned a little, shoving his free hand into the pocket of his pants to keep it from flailing around.

"Before the two of us get into a debate on who's the best Doctor, in behalf of Zade, we are beyond grateful to have all of you here to celebrate this very special day with us. Thank you, guys. Really. Nag-abala pa kayo kahit ipapalabas ang footage nito sa Sundays Best next week."

Some of the guests laughed and Andreau saw Kesh whisper something to Barbs, and their whole table laughed in unison.

"The best woman deserves to have the best wedding of her life," he continued. "That's why I gave Zade her dream Doctor Who prenup and wedding. I had to. 'Yon lang naman ang condition niya sa 'kin bago niya sagutin ang wedding proposal ko. Actually, tinakot pa nga niya ako na hahanapin si Matt Smith sa London at doon daw sila magpapakasal." Zade grumbled behind him. Andreau smiled and glanced down at his pouting bride. "As if I'm gonna let that happen, Zades. I even got you a TARDIS replica back there. Wala ka nang kawala sa 'kin ngayon."

She narrowed her eyes, but kept her lips pressed firmly closed.

"Wala ka na bang pera, pre?" Roldan asked loudly from this seat.