Chapter 15

Chapter 15

"WHAT? ARE YOU CRAZY? WE CAN"T GET OURSELVES KIDNAPPED! THATS A CRAZY IDEA? WHAT DO YOU EXPECT? NO-ONE IS GOING TO COME AFTER US! IT'S NOT LIKE ANYONE ALIVE ACTUALLY KNOWS THAT WE ARE ACTUALLY GONE?!" Delphi was ranting at Ali as she cowered behind me, her idea not settling well with her.

"Hang on a sec Delph, what was her idea behind us actually getting kidnapped?" I put in, curious to see why Ali would say something like that.

"If we get kidnapped then we will most likely get taken to one of the Master of Hope's secret lairs. If we get in, we can infiltrate it from the inside and get the information from there."

"Thats actually a decent idea, but it probably won't work." I said calmly, hoping to bring down Delphi's raging temper from its height.

"We can't know that for sure unless we try it." Ali replied back just as calmly, using a phrase that I was about to hear a lot of.

"So your genius idea is to infiltrate a high security secret base with no real plan and a couple of girls who have no idea what they are doing?" Delphi said wit a hell of a lot of sass.

"Yeah, thats basically it." Ali replied just as sassily.

"Are you crazy?! Like thats going to work." Delphi scoffed and Ali shook her head.

"We don't know unless we try, dear Delphi," Alison said, sounding like one of those ancient priest guys.

"So what? It's fine to be curious to a certain degree but this is ridiculous. I'm not getting kidnapped again. Who knows what happened to me last time." Delphi's tone was final but Ali wasn't giving up yet.

"Come on guys? You never know where they might take us!" Ali pleaded, now on the verge of giving up.

"Yeah, all the more reason to stay put." Delphi said, stomping her feet down. She stormed off up the rocks and out of sight.

"Delphi? Come back. Now isn't the time for arguments. Wait, Delphi? Delphi! DELPHI!" I stepped around to see , expecting to see the familiar lanky figure that I had grown up with. Instead, as I turned my head around frantically, Delphi was nowhere to be seen.

"Ali. Ali, Ali, Ali. Delphi isn't there." I stuttered, coming into view of Ali again.

"What do you mean she isn't there?" Ali demanded, a look of disbelief flashing over her face, vanishing as quickly as it came.

"I mean she isn't on the street. She's gone. She's gone, she's gone, she's gone." I frantically looked around again, not seeing anything that resembled Delphi.

"Well where could she be? She can't have gone far? The house is ages away and we're at some beach. Someone could have taken her? We need to find Delphi!" I all but screamed at Ali. She wasn't taking this seriously and right now, my concern for Delphi was blocking off any other thoughts that attempted to enter my mind.

"It's not just some beach Destyni." Ali said sassily.

"Whatever. What matters now is that we find Delphi." I exclaimed.

"Ok, I guess. Should we split up?" Ali's tone registered defeat and I looked triumphant.

"Yeah. That way we'll find her quicker." I said with a decisive tone. Ali still looked unsure but she she didn't question me.

"I guess we can. I'll go this way and you can look up and down the beach." I nodded quickly.

"Ok." Ali nodded and went off towards a group of people gathering around a rock pool, probably to ask them if they had seen Delphi. I went up the stairs and rotated my head, looking for any sign of the lanky figure. The only thing I saw though, was the large crowd of people gathered in the car park, swarming around something.