I could be dying (F)

Link looks good in scrubs (as proven in one of bts commercial videos for the plastic surgeon), so Link is now a nurse and Rhett keeps going to the doctors to see him. Also I have no clue how things work in a hospital, so ignore the details 😂

"Link, could you tend to the patient in room 27? I've got to head down to help out in surgery." Link looked up from his book just before he saw the head nurse rushing down the hall and disappearing round the corner. He folded the edge of the thin paper, in order to save his page before heading over to the reception desk.

He peered over at the board receptionist, who was mindlessly twiddling her long blonde hair around her fingers. "Could I get room 27's chart please?" Without showing him even a hint of recognition, she grabbed a clipboard from beside her computer and passed it up to him. He didn't bother saying thank you, as she most likely wasn't even listening to him anyway.

Without looking at the chart he made his way downstairs to ward A, where he knew room 27 was. He'd been working here for 6 months, but he still didn't know where half the rooms were and would often find himself scouring most of the hospital before he found the right one. Distracted by his thoughts, Link completely forgot to even glance down at the chart for the patients name, he smoothed down his scrubs as he entered the room and sighed when he saw the man sitting on the bed. "Mr. McLaughlin."
"Come on, I told you before, you can call me Rhett."

Link stood in front of Rhett with his arms crossed and a serious look on his face. They were face to face when Rhett was sitting on the bed, it cancelled out the height difference dramatically. "What is it this time?" A huge smile played across Rhett's face, he was extremely confident in his approach. "I've been getting these killer pains in my neck-" he circled his head and stretched his neck to add to the effect, "it just hits when I'm at the gym you know, working out." Trying to be impressive, he flexed his muscles and winked seductively, Link rolled his eyes dismissively.

"Mr. Mclaugh- Rhett, do you honestly think this is a case for the emergency department?" Rhett, took his chart from Links grasp and looked over it in a playfully interested kind of way, completely ignoring his question. "You've been here 5 times in the past month, that's basically once a week." He reached out to take the chart back, but Rhett quickly held it above his head out of reach. "You want it? Come get it."
"Or I could just call security." Rhett pouted, giving the chart back to a now smug Link. "Wow, you're no fun."
"Fun? I don't know if you've noticed, but this is a hospital Rhett." Rhett kept up his confident act, refusing to let Link get him down. "I could be dying, but you just don't want to check." Link froze for a second, then let out another exasperated sigh. "Fine." Rhett's face lit up while Link was going over to the counter with various tools set out neatly.

He picked up a stethoscope and a thermometer before turning back to Rhett, he hesitated and then regained his professional composure. "Take your shirt off." Rhett practically tore his shirt off and threw it on the floor beside Links feet. The metal was cold when it made contact with Rhett's flushed skin, he grabbed onto Links arm as a reflex. Link ignored the reaction and moved his focus to the thermometer. "Open your mouth." Rhett followed his orders without question once again, he held the tool in his mouth for a minute and then let Link take it out with a faked shocked expression. "What is it?"
"Yep, it's just as I expected." Rhett persisted further "well come on, tell me."
"Mr. McLaughlin, I'm sorry to inform you that you're suffering from Stalkeritus." Link went to walk away, but Rhett jumped off the bed, stepping in front of him. "Well now it's your turn."
"Wha-" before Link could even finish one word, Rhett grabbed him by the hips and lifted him onto the bed with a surprising amount of ease. "I'll make you a deal, you let me diagnose you and I'll never come back again." He held up the thermometer, anticipating Links answer, however instead of speaking Link just rolled his eyes and opened his mouth. He closed it around the cold tip, staring into Rhett's eyes intently. He was only now realising just how beautiful they were, a perfectly stunning shade of green.

Without observing the number, Rhett removed the thermometer and placed it in the bed, never breaking eye contact. "Just as I thought." They were speaking almost at a whisper now, completely forgetting about the world around them. "What's your diagnoses?"
"I don't want to worry you with details, but I can tell you there's only one cure." Link, clenched the the paper sheet of the mattress in his balled up fists. "And what's that?" Rhett lifted two fingers and placed them under Links chin, carefully tilting his head up, leaning his own down at the same time. Their lips were less than an inch a part when Links eyes fluttered shut, his lashes creating thin shadows across his cheeks under the fluorescent lights. Rhett had paused as if he were asking Links permission, so Link jolted forward, closing the gap between them. They spent a few minutes moving their mouths simultaneously, completely losing themselves on each other until Link started to giggle, causing Rhett to pull away. "What's so funny?"
"Nothing, I've just never kissed a man with a beard before, it tickles." Rhett smiled at how adorable he found Link, he brushed his beard against Links neck reducing him to a giggling mess. "There, you're cured."
"Hmm not quite I don't think." Link brought a hand behind Rhett's neck to pull him in for another kiss.