Chapter 3: I Am Addicted to Not Eating

Sadie's P.O.V.

Once we walked into IHOP, the smell of pancakes made me sick to my stomach. On days that I do eat, I can only stomach an apple. I have a problem, and I knew it.

I am addicted to not eating.

I guess being scared of everything-and almost everyone-made me stop. I always had so many worries, that I never worried about eating. "One less thing to worry about," I suppose my brain told my body. I don't know how I got like this.

I didn't really do it for the looks. I think I look worse now, than what I did when I wasn't so skinny. My head didn't look too large for my body, my wrists didn't look so bony, and I didn't look as fragile in general when I ate properly.

I've always ben confused as to why I didn't eat a good diet anymore. It was one of those things where I knew I could prevent it, and yet, I didn't anyway.

"Sadie...? Hello, anyone in there?"

I quickly turned my head to the voice. "Huh? What'd I miss?" I saw two pairs of eyes. One pair belonging to him, and another pair that had lead to a waitress who seemed weirded out.

"What would you like to drink?" She talked slowly, as if I were a young child who just moved from China and didn't understand English yet.

"Water," I automatically replied. The waitress took Leo's order, and left us by ourselves. 'What shoud I say?' I thought. The silence between us was beginning to get very strong. After just looking at each other for three minutes, I couldn't stand it anymore.

"So-"

"Did you cut your face on a branch in the woods?" He inturrupted.

I blinked. "What?"

"You have dried blood on your face."

I had forgotten all about the incident with Robert. The memory made me feel upset. My brain started clouding up again. I never knew why, but everytime I felt upset or mad, my brain will cloud up. I can't think

properly.

"Uh-I-I'm Uh-" I spitballed.

"Here," he said, taking a napkin and leaning over the table between us. "I'll get it off for you."

Not wanting him to see the cut, or the probably forming bruise, I stopped him right before his hand had gotten to my face. "No!" I shouted, disrupting everyone eating or talking. I felt my face go red. "I-I mean, I'll just-um-I'll just get it off myself."

Rushing to the ladies room, I stopped in front of the mirror. Groaning, I looked at the horrid sight. It was true, there was blood all down my face. I had a couple of leaves in my hair, and there must have been traces of dirt in it because my hair looked a bit darker than normal.

I removed the blood from my face, making it look a tiny bit better. I ran my fingers through my hair, trying to get the knots out. I then closed my eyes and sighed. What had I just done? A great boy, a gorgeous boy

nonetheless, offered his help, and I ran out of there as fast as I could. Oh no, I wasn't starting to get scared of him, was I? I was!

'Okay!' I told myself, 'This one's gonna be different! He's going to be kind, sweet, and funny. He's the sort of guy who would never touch a girl unless it was an alright action. He won't be another one who will hurt me!'

Or so I hoped.

Taking a deep breath, I marched out of the bathroom to were he was sitting.

Leo's P.O.V.

She appeared to be on a mission, by the looks of it. Marching down the aisle, and planting herself firmly on the seat, I confirmed it. However, what was her mission?

"What's going on?" I asked her.

She sighed. "Nothing. Nothing at all."

"Alright, here goes y'alls pancakes," said the waitress, putting down plates on our table. "Anything else?"

"No thanks, this is good." I smiled, and turned back to Sadie. She was just staring at the plate of food in front of her. "You can eat that, you know that right?" She looked at me. There were tears in her eyes. "Hey, are you okay?" I asked, reaching towards her. She pulled away from me. I let my hand fall.

"I need to go." she said. She picked up her things and started towards the door. I was too stunned to say to do anything.