Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Once we made it to the castle, I couldn't help but be in awe. It was huge! It was about three stories high and was about a mile wide! There was a tall tower at each corner and statues by the doors and some of the windows. It was made a marble and had a large set of mahogany doors. There was also a huge staircase leading to the door.

Once I stopped gawking at the castle, I finally followed Ryan inside. Inside was about

one-hundred people who were trying to become a warrior. And, there were more people watching from the sidelines. The whole place was full! And to top it all off, at the back of the room was the King and his son, Prince Austin. Heck! I think everyone's here!

I looked around and saw Prince Austin staring at me. I looked at him confused, but when I looked into his eyes, it was like I was in a whole nother place. After a minute, I finally looked away.

Prince Austin James was about 6'3". He had dirty-blond hair, blazing-blue eyes, and fair skin. He was wearing his armor too. When I looked again, I could see ladies trying to get his attention, but he was still staring intently at me.

I blushed and started looking for Ryan. When I turned around, I could still feel his gaze on my back. What's his problem!?!

*Austin's POV*

I...am...so...bored. Why do I have to be here anyways?

~*~*~*~*~

"Son, you have to be there." My dad says calmly.

"But why!?!" I whined.

"Because, I have a very important announcement to make afterwards. And before you ask, yes it has pretty much everything to do with you." He states, clearly annoyed.

"But why would I want to see some people fight each other, when I can't fight too?" I question him.

"Son, it doesn't matter. You have to be there. How 'bout we have a deal?" He asks.

"What kind of deal?" I ask. Finally! Things get interesting!

"If you go and watch the competition, and you feel the winner is ready, you can fight him." He states.

"Yes! Okay, I'll go." I cough, trying not to show him how excited I am.

He chuckles.

~*~*~*~*~

Wait! Nevermind. I remember. That doesn't help that I'm bored though!

I look up when I hear the doors open. In steps Ryan. Finally! Wait, who's that behind him?

Ryan looks at him one more time and then walks away, but glancing at him a few times over his shoulder.

The 'mystery man' has a sword so he must be here to compete. Hm...maybe I'll get to fight him, if he wins that is. He's wearing brown shorts and a gray t-shirt, hidden behin a black hoodie. His hoods up and he has a mask covering the bottom half of his face. He is completely oblivious to all the girls staring at him. Atleast they all won't be staring at me.

I'm still looking at him when he looks up at me. I look into his eyes and it feels like were the only people here. He seems to notice it too, because he looks away quickly.

I stare at him still, dazed. WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!?!

*Ashley's POV*

Once I entered the battle arena, I heard the King call for everyone's attention.

"Everyone, settle down. We are about to start the competition. As you may all know, this is the first time we have ever done something like this. After the competition, all will be revealed. Now, the competition starts!" Everyone started clapping. "The competition will have four rounds. The first, two rounds will be one-on-one. Everyone will be paired up with someone to fight with. Who ever knocks the other person out first, wins. Winner moves on. There are one-hundred competitors to start with, but only half will go to round two."

Well that sounds easy enough. It doesn't matter who I'm against, I'm going to win.