~Chapter Four~

@Jaimee's P.O.V

              Yesterday was uneventful. It was a mountain. A really, really steep mountain. The one thing that kept replaying in my head while I was trying to get a good night's sleep was an image of Mickey making out with Grace. How could he do that to me? I mean, I didn't notice any bumps in our relationship. Sure, we haven't really kissed but he never any signs of disapproval.

              I woke up this morning feeling like crap. Good thing Hailee left for school early. She had to meet up with her friends for some early practice. I took the subway to work this morning. I was too depressed for a nice walk. I didn't even bother to plug my earphones to listen to any music.

              It was very hard to keep calm and strong when I just keep asking myself questions that just made my mood even worse. Was I a bad girlfriend? Was I not passionate or emotional enough in our relationship? Was it my fault? Gah! This is so unlike me! I was never the one to dwell on mishaps. I even promised myself to never be like one. Urgh! This is all Mickey's fault! I blame him. Who am I kidding? It takes two to ruin a relationship. So in a way, this is partially my fault too.

             Mrs. Hannah didn't ask too many questions about my mood. Maybe that's because it was a busy sales day. If anything, there was twice as many customers as there was yesterday. For once, I was relieved that it was super busy. It helped keep my mind off my negative thoughts.

             I got off work punctually and had my packed lunch at a bench near my next job. I went into Dalton's Apartments and changed into my uniform in the staff room. After I was ready for my shift, which starts in five minutes, I took a swig of water and walked over to the notification board. On it was a list of new trainees and who their supervisor is and a few other things.

             I looked for my name to see who my trainee is. Grayson Hale. Oh, great. My trainee is a guy. I just hope he isn't reckless and isn't a nuisance. Oh my gosh! What is wrong with me? I'm half judging someone I don't even know. I'm such a bad person. Hopefully I get out of this funk soon. The thing about being a receptionist is that you have to be nice, perky and upbeat when on the job. And right now, I am far from perky and upbeat. Looks like I'm going to do a lot of acting today.

             When it was a minute until my shift started, I walked over to the reception desk to take over. Misha's trainee is a sweet, innocent looking girl named Gina. Aw, man. Why couldn't I have gotten Gina? I know that Grayson could be a great trainee but for now, I'm frustrated with the male population even though I'm only angry at one guy. Gina smiled when I came over. She must have been happy that her first 4 hour shift has ended. I remember my first day. And whoa, how fun was that?

             After fifteen minutes, I've gotten a call from a resident, greeted two new customers, and three residents were kind enough to tip me but still no sign of Grayson Hale. I had an immediate feeling that my judgement earlier on could be spot on. I looked at my watch repeatedly. The good side of me was thinking that he probably forgotten or was caught in a jam but the bad side of me was cursing him. Good gosh, I do not like that side of me at all. It made me a horrible person.

            "Hello! Sorry, I'm late. I had……… nothing going on, actually. I lost track of time in the subway," A guy who looked around my age said as he ran to my side in a hurry. He had an Australian accent that complimented his deep voice. He wasn't bad looking. Oh, gosh, Jaimee! Stop checking him out! You just broke up with your boyfriend yesterday. I looked at whom I suppose is Grayson and looked back to the front. 

            Grayson was standing awkwardly next to me. Was he expecting me to introduce myself? Grayson cleared his throat and said "So it's either you're the uptight type of supervisor who's no fun or you're just a mute. But I think the second option is rather impossible seeing how you are a receptionist,"